Welcome to Sealed Game Heaven

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to Sealed Game Heaven, the internet's #1 forum devoted to Sealed Video Game collectors! You’ll find that this is a place where many fellow sealed collectors will not only show and discuss sealed games, but also partake in the buying, selling & trading of both sealed and unsealed games. At SGH we don’t discriminate against any of the big 3 companies or PAL / NTSC, rather we enjoy discussion about games from all the consoles and eras (Modern, Vintage; Atari & Sega; Nintendo, Sony, Microsoft). To view and use our community, you must become a member. This is a simple free process & once done you’ll gain access to:

- Our Game Sale & Trade Boards.
- Sealed Game Databases from Every Console.
- Information on Seal Types, Styles & Variants for both NTSC and PAL.
- Frequent updates on both Pal and NTSC Sealed Game Listing’s.
- Confirmation & Evidence in relation to Factory Seals & Reseals.
- VGA Discussion Forum & Guides for your First Submissions.
- What is a Game Worth? Well simply join and ask in our game value sub section.

Happy Hunting!

All new accounts will be validated by our admins within 24-48 hours :)

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

Limited Edition Star Wars R2-D2 X360 console heads-up!

• Please log in to reply
26 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   Gemini-Phoenix

Δίδυμοι-Φοίνικες

• 5,793 posts

Posted 22 July 2011 - 10:37 AM

Kotaku / Gizmodo have just given a heads-up (in the form of a psuedo-documentary of the development process) of a Limited Edition Star Wars R2-D2 X360 Slim console, due out towards the end of the year to coincide with the release of Kinect: Star Wars

http://kotaku.com/58...r-wars-xbox-360

The console is, as you would expect, predominantly white with blue and silver detailing. There are numerous easter eggs printed on the console, and the console itself even makes R2-D2 noises when you open and close the disc drawer!

It also comes with a plain white Kinect (the first example of a white Kinect), as well as an exclusive C-3PO styled controller, in a retor gold colour and coloured detailing to represent the different parts of C-3PO. It is also the newer design controller with the twisty D-pad!

No word yet whether this will be available outside of North America (they'd be stupid not to release this in Europe), but it's rumoured to retail at $450 when it drops in November and will come with a 320Gb HDD!

Here are a few choice pictures (as featured on Kotaku / Gizmodo):

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

All credit goes to Gawker (Kotaku / Gizmodo)
Posted Image

#2 OFFLINE   DarkSol

Posted 22 July 2011 - 10:43 AM

holy "%"!$! now this is cool!

#3 OFFLINE   Gemini-Phoenix

Δίδυμοι-Φοίνικες

• 5,793 posts

Posted 22 July 2011 - 10:46 AM

The best thing is, it's a real thing which we can buy, and not a fanboy custom creation! It has even been announced and debuted at San Diego Comic-Con this week!
Posted Image

#4 OFFLINE   hankdesign

Posted 22 July 2011 - 11:48 AM

Its beautiful. Ordering for sure.

#5 OFFLINE   Gemini-Phoenix

Δίδυμοι-Φοίνικες

• 5,793 posts

Posted 22 July 2011 - 12:30 PM

Even if this turns out to be only available in North America, I'll import one. It's too nice to not buy for my X360 console collection, but I really do hope they release it over here.

I will also add, I don't usually buy white consoles out of principal, but there is always an exception to the rule, and this is most definitely it!

The write-up on Kotaku is actually quite an interesting read as to how they developed this, so well worth a read if you guys have the time!
Posted Image

#6 OFFLINE   Gemini-Phoenix

Δίδυμοι-Φοίνικες

• 5,793 posts

Posted 22 July 2011 - 12:39 PM

Here's the promo shots:

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image
Posted Image

#7 OFFLINE   Gemini-Phoenix

Δίδυμοι-Φοίνικες

• 5,793 posts

Posted 22 July 2011 - 12:49 PM

ShopTo.net already have it up on their site available to pre-order for £334.85!

Blog - http://www.shoptonew...dle-pre-orders/

Listing - http://www.shopto.ne...ion Bundle.html
Posted Image

#8 OFFLINE   Gemini-Phoenix

Δίδυμοι-Φοίνικες

• 5,793 posts

Posted 22 July 2011 - 01:04 PM

And just like that, along comes a listing on the GAME website! No price as yet though, and the listing is not live for re-orders yet either

EDIT: Listing is now active, price is £349.99

http://www.game.co.u...Game-/~r356106/

PLAY.com have it up too, but no price and no active listing as yet:

EDIT: Listing is now active, price is £349.99

http://www.play.com/...urlrefer=search

And Amazon.co.uk also have it listed, with a price tag of £349.99, so at least £15 more expensive that ShopTo's price:

http://www.amazon.co...11340244&sr=8-4
Posted Image

#9 OFFLINE   Gemini-Phoenix

Δίδυμοι-Φοίνικες

• 5,793 posts

Posted 22 July 2011 - 06:53 PM

GAME and PLAY.com have both updated their listings, and pre-orders are now active. Both have the price as £349.99. ShopTo.net, as always, is the cheapest
Posted Image

#10 OFFLINE   Gamesgaryjp

• Collection

Posted 23 July 2011 - 01:56 PM

Looks lovely, but i knew it would be a total rip off as it has shitty Kinect bundled in. £350 is a complete joke, could buy a PS3 and a 3DS for that money :wow:
PSP - 303/614 PAL and counting.....

#11 OFFLINE   Iron-maiden

Posted 23 July 2011 - 05:28 PM

What are peoples views on the gears of war 3 branded 320 gb console out in September ?

#12 OFFLINE   Gemini-Phoenix

Δίδυμοι-Φοίνικες

• 5,793 posts

Posted 23 July 2011 - 08:03 PM

What are peoples views on the gears of war 3 branded 320 gb console out in September ?

I like it. I have one pre-ordered. It's also a more reasonable price. But then the R2-D2 one needs the Kinect sensor because it's bundled with the Kinect: Star Wars game, which obviously bumps the price up considerably, plus the fact that they chose to include a 320Gb HDD rather than the entry-level 4Gb HDD (like most Kinect bundles)
Posted Image

#13 OFFLINE   Gemini-Phoenix

Δίδυμοι-Φοίνικες

• 5,793 posts

Posted 24 August 2011 - 04:24 PM

Kotaku have just reported that the release date for Star Wars Kinect, and subsequently this CE console, has been pushed back into 2012. When exactly in 2012 we do not know (may be first week, may be anytime before next December), but will let you know as soon as there is an announcement

http://kotaku.com/58...e-for-christmas

Expecting an eMail from GAME very shortly...
Posted Image

#14 OFFLINE   Youra_ha

Posted 20 January 2012 - 11:17 AM

When it already?

#15 OFFLINE   Gemini-Phoenix

Δίδυμοι-Φοίνικες

• 5,793 posts

Posted 20 January 2012 - 03:27 PM

Various rumours say it may be out around the easter holiday period, which would place it late March / early april.

March 26th has traditionally been a popular release date for many triple-A titles in the past, and is usually when companies decide to launch some of their biggest titles, so my guess is that it will be released around that time just prior to the end of the financial tax year, and in time for the Easter holidays
Posted Image

#16 OFFLINE   zero_bloom

Posted 20 January 2012 - 03:44 PM

gah way too expensive :(

#17 OFFLINE   Gemini-Phoenix

Δίδυμοι-Φοίνικες

• 5,793 posts

Posted 21 January 2012 - 09:31 AM

I am hoping that the eventual retail price will drop come release, especially as the overall retail price of the X360 and Kinect has dropped since this bundle was announced.

If you bought a 320GB X360 + Kinect + Game separately, it would probably only cost you around £300-£320 max. However, I feel that the Star Wars licence and exclusive white Kinect may be what drives the price up, rather than the sum of its parts. Still, if this ends up costing more than £320 come release then I would be very concerned, and feel somewhat ripped off when compared to buying a similar "standard" bundle

Be warned - You're paying for the Star Wars branding here, so this really is only for the die hard collector or Star Wars fanboy!
Posted Image

#18 OFFLINE   Gemini-Phoenix

Δίδυμοι-Φοίνικες

• 5,793 posts

Posted 08 February 2012 - 07:47 PM

STOP PRESS!!!

Its official - The 3rd of April 2012 is when this console is due to be released, just in time for Easter, as I predicted!

It's also at the start of the new fiscal tax year, so I'm guessing that this date was chosen for this reason, rather than a week earlier
Posted Image

#19 OFFLINE   theanalogkid

Posted 09 February 2012 - 03:00 AM

Gemini, forgive a question you've probably answered 400 times by now...is this console to be released in North America, too?

Beautiful.

Now, if only they'd do a Transformers Generation 1 Xbox 360... :D

#20 OFFLINE   Gemini-Phoenix

Δίδυμοι-Φοίνικες

• 5,793 posts

Posted 09 February 2012 - 06:46 AM

Gemini, forgive a question you've probably answered 400 times by now...is this console to be released in North America, too?

Yes it is, and it's due to be released on the same day in the US as well, where it will cost $449.99 RRP

Best Buy - http://www.bestbuy.c...0xbox&cp=1&lp=5

GameStop - http://www.gamestop....rs-bundle/92652
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users