Kim Simonsson

Kim's Zelda PAL collection

Hi all!

Joined a while ago and always wanted to create showcase. Unfortunately time is very limited so it never really happened, until now. I managed to get photos of the majority of my games in the Zelda series. I skipped all the various big box versions, limited editions and whatnot that didn't come sealed anyway. This is sealed games heaven after all.

So my goal with this Zelda collection is to have every PAL game in the entire series sealed. As you can see from the pictures below there are some obvious ones missing, like Ocarina of Time (N64) for example. Feel free to reach out to me if you have any sealed Zelda games you wanna get rid of and we may come to an agreement.

I live in Sweden so all games are SWD/SCN/SWF wherever applicable. This is an active choice from my part. I don't want any UKV-releases unless it's the only one available sealed.

I don't know how all the multiple copies of the same game came to be. Other collectors tend to think that's retarded and I cannot blame someone for thinking so.

And last but not least; I don't do any VGA-rating and have no plans to rate any games. I realize VGA-rating your games is the norm on this forum but hope you all respect my decision to not rate.

8dzU3hW.png

DRRLA5c.jpg

Hufl9WS.png

5avCZqG.jpg

vs0RfU3.png

ZWvo8Gv.jpg

ubxnuog.png

mtHavn5.jpggUQpZNn.jpg

JmFFFjP.png

w5nWoB4.jpg4xMC12z.jpgHvMxdNA.jpg

yh2NkPb.png

9AQ1ozj.jpgDBUb5Yo.jpgG1KrEkl.jpgjlKaHDO.jpgR6Whoww.jpgXkFzlJN.jpg6c7lD8N.jpgQNRlHMV.jpgZdxtbx5.jpgSq9mBcc.jpgbY06sUW.jpg8jCaCt1.jpgq6CoeHz.jpg

V82nWEQ.png

v24VU3u.jpgqoBZN8l.jpgnEM0EZl.jpgW4G3N35.jpguYvH0SC.jpg

JCCQ0Kj.png

m2wWmAX.jpgZYhaR8g.jpgf5dZXbb.jpgkP25U4q.jpgYuv4Oo3.jpgBZTzQb2.jpgxXAhwRy.jpgEMqbcwW.jpghxzBY1D.jpg qzsIlwv.jpg

jGbGtZr.png

SkbfzXp.jpgvWSfZem.jpgAXlI3ph.jpgkLoCn4a.jpgzsShPTs.jpggbGr3KK.jpgRKukCrf.jpgbOZ0uqs.jpg00eHJdg.jpguaxou8i.jpg

RoYSbzN.jpg274DHKk.jpg

izZGzRg.png

07oCAT2.jpgRc4AUX5.jpgBes6Lc4.jpgpjP3JAo.jpgMhsZwJD.jpgyQVwNdq.jpg

Nice collection! I assume the extra copies of games are just doubles rather than variants? I may have a couple laying around, il let you know. 

Another Zelda fan? What is it with this franchise... :wtf:

Regardless, mighty impressive collection Kim! Awesome stuff! :clap:

Thanks BremZ! Yeah the doubles are, doubles. The NGC Wind Wakers have different colored cases if you would count that as a variant.

Yeah @Matthew! A really overlooked franchise for sure! :) Thanks for the Zelda love. Appreciate it!

Nice collection Kim, check my collection also, I’m a big Zelda fanboy :good3: not sure about your avatar though looks like two men at it :lol: :gay7:

Thanks! I’ll check it out. In fact I need to have a look at a lot of the collections here on the forum. But the Zelda collections have priority of course. :)

Two men huggning while seated on a old Swedish canon from the 16th century. I’m not much for the avatars & aliases. My lack of imagination makes me the least anonomous person on the internet, hehe.

We live and breath red tearstrip! :)

Does anyone have objections if I say that the games missing for a complete PAL collections would be:

Zelda 1 Classics GBA

Ocarina of Time N64

Link's awakening DX GBC

What to include in a complete sealed PAL-collection is debatable of course. Should an MM adventure set be considered for example? I also know that I lack the "not for resale" version of Wind Waker to Gamecube, if you count different inlay versions. Would be really fun (and helpful) to hear the forums thoughts on this topic.

Good meaty collection so far mate! Missing NES Zelda II as well.

Although I find myself disturbingly staring at your avatar more than your collection pics! Are you the guy in the front? Or the one jabbing from behind? lol

Thanks! Zelda II you say. I’m actually not aware of any sealed PAL-B release of that game? But maybe UK got a PAL-A release? I’ve seen some exklusive sealed PAL-A games, like Mega Man 4. I’m thinking that if I cant play the game on a unit that was sold here then I probably wont get that game.

Haha. Yeah sorry for the avatar. The butch in the back is my childhood friend. I’m tje one in the front, looking pleased. :)

very nice collection mate

and who doesn't love a Zelda collection :)

and yes the avatar is a bit disturbing but wtf "OZ" voted yes

About the Wind Waker there are a shitload of versions;

▪ Regular version black box

▪ Regular version gold box

▪ Limited Edition 10/10 Black box

▪ Limited Edition 10/10 Gold box

▪ Limited Edition 95% Black box (?)

▪ Limited Edition 95% Gold box (?)

▪ Rental version Gold box

▪ Players Choice - Silver box of course

And probably more I don't know about :meeting:

Your european version TLoZ NES is really something :heat:

The different Wind Waker cases are just crazy. I guess it's fun that there are different ones, but at the same time I have a hard time justifying them as different "versions". Obviously the limited edition, standard and players choice are different.

Yeah I  do like the sealed TLoZ for NES! It's the GPS version of the game. Presumably the distributors had a cap to order a minimum of 5000 copies in order for the print to get a localized released. Here in Sweden (Scandinavia) the distributor "Bergsala" was Nintendo's partner, and all the localizations had the mark "SCN", except in the very early days where the majority of the black series games are labeled ECC. In the end of life of the NES Bergsala and the equivalents in the other EU countries couldn't reach the minimum cap hence the general region code GPS was invented with all ENG text in manuals and games. Distributors could print their own translated manuals on regular paper on put in the box. Funnily enough these printed papers today are some of the most rare collectors items. At least in Scandinavia.