Sign in to follow this  
Matthew

Matthews Miniature Miscellaneous...Collection

Hi All,

I have been here about five years now...somehow (:scratch:)...I've bought some games, sold some games, traded some games etc etc., you all know how it is. However, I do get the odd message now and again from people asking "where is your collection thread?", to which I give the same answer: "My collection is so small, it's not worth sharing..."

Well, with my latest addition earlier in the week from Dave, I have hit my milestone of double figures, so I thought what a way to celebrate by posting my, *ahem* "collection."

My intention is not to hoard like many impressive collections already posted, but rather keep it to a minimum. I honestly don't see myself owning many more titles, but I'm sure that'll change :P I'm not really focusing on one particular system/era.

My only regret in these five years is not seizing the opportunity to obtain a Super Mario Bros. All Stars 90; and trading that infamous "Pokemon Cereal" to Mike/Sephiaya in a desperate trade, who obviously passed it on to another member... :sad1:

Regardless, behold! And thanks for looking! :good3:

P.S.: Apologies in advance for the poor photo quality. It was harder than I thought to get lighting right; and I thought my iPhone8 would take better pics (:mad3:)...but you get the gist. Shoutout to all those members who have perfected the art of picture taking! :D 

280nwnl.jpg

2mz0gzq.jpg

2i8uqty.jpg

ebaj9t.jpg

259kdwx.jpg

2a9tuf4.jpg

2610nyv.jpg

29wn3me.jpg

bi5js2.jpg

14cbqfl.jpg

w87w3b.jpg

Thanks for sharing your collection, @Matthew! You have good games and good qualities. Always loved Mario and Pokémon, especially your 95 looks like a gem. Monopoly is also interesting and I didn't see it often, but it's a great piece! :good2:

Great collection Matthew, nice to see a totally random collection for a change. You got a mega deal on that snowboard kids! I think my favourite game is your all stars, still after one myself :good:

Nice stuff Matthew! I still have a few of those Pokemon cards from back in the day somewhere, considering grading them myself, basically cos i love grading... :D monopoly board looks pretty good graded, Pokemon Blue though has to be my favourite!

Thanks @tkC & @sedy_vadi! :D  Just tryin' to mix it up! Some games on my "want" list are quite hard to find (as they are on platforms other than Nintendo :(). Ah well. I'll keep playing the waiting game... -_-

2 hours ago, FreeSpirit90 said:

I'm guessing that Pokémon card is a rare one?

Haha nah don't think so. A gift from the girlfriend a couple of Valentines Days ago. Also that and the Monopoly are moreso "novelty" graded items that  I thought I would include :) 

2 minutes ago, BremZ said:

Nice stuff Matthew! I still have a few of those Pokemon cards from back in the day somewhere, considering grading them myself, basically cos i love grading... :D monopoly board looks pretty good graded, Pokemon Blue though has to be my favourite!

Thanks Chris! :grin:

Ahahah yeah some of those Pokemon Card Holos from back in the day graded sell for a pretty penny! And I always wondered if someone somewhere has the original base deck fully graded. That would look awesome! :wow3:

The card is more sentimental value for me than anything :P 

Sweet collection Matthew! I agree with tkC, its great to see a mixed collection-thead once more. Love the Monopoly, looks beautiful. Mario Allstars and Mario Kart 64 are my favorites. Nice that u posted a thread finally. You can simply add your new additions from here on. :)

8 hours ago, happyheed said:

Thanks for taking the time to share your collectiong with your fellow sgh brothers :cuddle:

size isnt everything mate , you should know that ;)

Haha thanks Dave! :D

Yes, as the old saying goes: "it's not the size of the wave, but the motion in the ocean that counts!" ;) :good2::enze:

7 hours ago, justice said:

Sweet collection Matthew! I agree with tkC, its great to see a mixed collection-thead once more. Love the Monopoly, looks beautiful. Mario Allstars and Mario Kart 64 are my favorites. Nice that u posted a thread finally. You can simply add your new additions from here on. :)

Thanks Justice! :D Haha yes I agree! There needs to be more collection threads...some people have some awesome gems lying around...but we may never know... :mattydread:

3 hours ago, Roshan256 said:

love that 1st ed Squirtle.

Agree.  Having the first TCG appearance next to the first game app/first cover.  that's a nice set. :good2:  

Can you explain the Space Jam?  

18 hours ago, FreeSpirit90 said:

I'm guessing that Pokémon card is a rare one?

1st edition common. BUT, a first appearance is always more important then rarity.

5a9b68d950b06_bane3.thumb.png.7e5c8f7da3c0573e1077798aba6c88cf.png

5 hours ago, bhaker123 said:

Nice collection matthew, glad you could share, love the all stars :) 

Haha thanks mate! :D 

Yeah I can't imagine a game I've played more in my life, so it's fitting. SMB3 truly is the best game ever! :) 

5 hours ago, Roshan256 said:

A great variety you have there bro and very nice grades too. Quality stuff, love that 1st ed Squirtle.

Thanks Roshan! :D 

2 hours ago, Bane Voice said:

Agree.  Having the first TCG appearance next to the first game app/first cover.  that's a nice set. :good2:  

Can you explain the Space Jam?  

1st edition common. BUT, a first appearance is always more important then rarity.

5a9b68d950b06_bane3.thumb.png.7e5c8f7da3c0573e1077798aba6c88cf.png

I'm actually thinking about getting the Wartortle & Blastoise too, cos Squirtle was my starter back in the day...It's looking quite lonely by itself in the cabinet... :(

Haha. Space Jam is the greatest movie of the 90's. Bar none. That's why ;):P  The game itself is fairly shit...:laugh1:

I hope to one day find Toy Story on SNES & Beavis & Butthead on the Mega Drive or Game Boy, and get them graded. Those two movies/shows were awesome too! :ok:

Finally get to see this small miniature collection! Having said that, there's a few items in the collection that most members here I'm sure wouldn't mind owning! :heat:

Great to see you contributing more to the forum with the collection thread. Eager to see what the next few random games will be!

Haha thanks John! :D 

Yeah it's a slow build...or maybe I'm just too damn picky...:stupid:

Great collection so far Matthew ! Also quantity doesn't say a lot to be honest as i prefer unique titles that are rarely seen in others collection's .

My favorite of the lot would be Space jam  : D

On 3/4/2018 at 3:05 PM, MattyDread said:

Pokemon blue 95 have to agree with Seph, epic piece.

Haha cheers Matty! Almost as epic as yours? :P 

21 hours ago, Sandrik said:

Great collection so far Matthew ! Also quantity doesn't say a lot to be honest as i prefer unique titles that are rarely seen in others collection's .

My favorite of the lot would be Space jam  : D

Thanks Sandrik! :D  I agree...:good2: Though these titles are really hard to find unfortunately :( I guess that makes you appreciate them even more... :) 

Big shout out to Nick / aka @tkC for this bad boy! :wow2: I've had my eye on it ever since he posted it in his own thread and he was generous enough to part with it and I couldn't refuse :cheer:

2mz0gzq.jpg

It's probably going to be the closest I'll ever get to a 100 Grade PAL game (that is actually decent and not shitty shovelware; or Sandriks' Super Mario Land 2 :P )