Does anyone know if Ratchet & Clank 2 PAL UK is supposed to always have the PlayStation-branded tear strip? I have a copy here with a correct-looking seal (same type and feel, clean y-folds) but a clear tear strip. Is it legit?
Welcome to Sealed Game Heaven
- Our Game Sale & Trade Boards.
- Sealed Game Databases from Every Console.
- Information on Seal Types, Styles & Variants for both NTSC and PAL.
- Frequent updates on both Pal and NTSC Sealed Game Listing’s.
- Confirmation & Evidence in relation to Factory Seals & Reseals.
- VGA Discussion Forum & Guides for your First Submissions.
- What is a Game Worth? Well simply join and ask in our game value sub section.
All new accounts will be validated by our admins within 24-48 hours
Ratchet & Clank 2 PAL UK - clear tearstrip?
Posted 08 April 2017 - 11:05 PM
Posted 10 April 2017 - 01:43 AM
Clear-strips are legit and many PS2 games have them. VGA will grade it without a second thought as long as all the folds/seals are good and not tampered with.
Most games that came with a Clear-strip also have a PS-strip copy out there, where as there's a few PS1 games that only came with a Clear-strip depending on what region it was sold.
Posted 10 April 2017 - 09:04 PM
Thanks for all the info, did not know about the VGA. Based on this, the source (trusted seller) and the otherwise good looking seal I'd be happy to call it legit then.
Is there a thread that collects sightings of clear-strip variants, or wouldn't that make sense because of how common these possibly are? I now have three in my collection (Zone of the Enders 2nd Runner and SOCOM 2 stand-alone as well).