VGA

Welcome to Sealed Game Heaven

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to Sealed Game Heaven, the internet's #1 forum devoted to Sealed Video Game collectors! You’ll find that this is a place where many fellow sealed collectors will not only show and discuss sealed games, but also partake in the buying, selling & trading of both sealed and unsealed games. At SGH we don’t discriminate against any of the big 3 companies or PAL / NTSC, rather we enjoy discussion about games from all the consoles and eras (Modern, Vintage; Atari & Sega; Nintendo, Sony, Microsoft). To view and use our community, you must become a member. This is a simple free process & once done you’ll gain access to:

- Our Game Sale & Trade Boards.
- Sealed Game Databases from Every Console.
- Information on Seal Types, Styles & Variants for both NTSC and PAL.
- Frequent updates on both Pal and NTSC Sealed Game Listing’s.
- Confirmation & Evidence in relation to Factory Seals & Reseals.
- VGA Discussion Forum & Guides for your First Submissions.
- What is a Game Worth? Well simply join and ask in our game value sub section.

Happy Hunting!

All new accounts will be validated by our admins within 24-48 hours :)

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

VGA Population Reports

VGA

• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   BremZ

• eBay
  • Regional Focus:PAL

Posted 02 April 2017 - 01:14 AM

As we all know VGA have promised us a system to provide customers access to grade population reports for a good few years now and unfortunately nothing has materialised. I decided to give it another push a few months ago and email VGA to see if any progress had been made but still the feature had not been implemented into their website. 

Below is the email

-------------------

Hi,

I was wondering if you could help, I am trying to work out a more efficient way of collecting and regularly updating our own population reports within the forum www.Sealedgameheaven.com This has been attempted in the past between members but proved difficult due to grading figures continuously being updated on a daily basis.

I feel being able to provide full  population reports on the VGA section on SGH would be a great move, causing increased traffic to SGH.com would prove in turn very beneficial im sure. Personally If it hadn't been for the forum I would of been one less customer of VGA. I have discussed this often over the last few months with others to see if there was a better solution than members regularly asking for pop report updates via yourself which I'm sure proves time consuming.

The majority of members who use your service are part of the Sealedgameheaven community, which has had affiliation in the past with VGA and continues to be the 'go to place' for any information regarding VGA services and support.

I would be happy to take on the responsibility of updating the forum, all i ask is if you could provide the population reports so that we can update as necessary, maybe every so often for older consoles and monthly for newer gen systems? Hopefully there is something that can be worked out, as it would make a great addition to the forum and helpful resource to use amongst the VGA collectors and save you that little bit of extra time!

Hope to hear from you soon

Thanks,

Chris

----------------------

Hi Chris,

We are actually working on our VGA website and will soon have the VGA population report ability up and working where you will be able to check for yourself.  The population report will be updated daily and this will allow for the access of almost real time information.  You guys can then put a link on the SGH site if you like to that population report from VGA.

I hope this helps.

Thanks!

----------------------

In the meantime I would like to suggest creating a temporary report system Just to give members a rough idea of what grades are out there, Its not a perfect solution but if everyone can perhaps help adding to it we could have a suitable list in no time! 

I would like to ask the mod team if its possible to dedicate a section under the VGA banner on the main site to create something similar to the Database area? I know a lot of members like to know population of selected titles for many reasons, and I feel we need to maybe give VGA a collective push!  :good:

#2 OFFLINE   BremZ

• eBay

Posted 02 April 2017 - 01:17 AM

Something to start...

N64 Population Report

1998, Nintendo, Nintendo 64, Game Cartridge, Banjo Kazooie, Pal-UK Version:
90(1), 85+(2), 85(1), 80(1).

1997, Nintendo, Nintendo 54, Game Cartridge, Bomberman 64, Pal-UK Version:
85+(1) 85(1), 80+(1), 80(1).

1998, Nintendo, Nintendo 64, Game Cartridge, Bomberman Hero, Pal-UK Version:
85+(2), 60(1).

1998, Nintendo, Nintendo 64, Game Cartridge,  F Zero 64, Pal UK:
90+(1), 85+(2), 85(5).

1998, Nintendo, Nintendo 54, Game Cartridge, International Superstar Soccer 98, Pal-European Version:
85+(1), 85(2).

2000, Nintendo, Nintendo 64, Game Cartridge, Mario Party 2, Pal European Version:
85+(1), 80(1), 75+(1).

1996, Nintendo, Nintendo 64, Game Cartridge, Super Mario 64, Pal UK Version:
90+(1), 90(1), 85+(5), 85(6), 80+(2).

999, Titus Software, Nintendo 54, Game Cartridge, Superman, Pal-UK Version:
80+(1), 75+(1).

1998, Nintendo, Nintendo 64, Game Cartridge, Yoshi Story, Pal-UK Version:
85(3), 80+(1).

1997, Nintendo, Nintendo 64, Game Cartridge, Waverace 64 , PAL UK:
90(2), 85(2). 75+(1)

#3 OFFLINE   GPS

• Collection

Posted 03 April 2017 - 12:49 PM

I remember vaguely someone was already trying to start this idea in another thread?

The best way to do this is if they put an index/contents page eg. NTSC US, Euro/Pal, Australian, NTSC Jap.

Then within each main heading, it can be split into Nintendo SNES, N64, Gameboy, GBA, GBC etc.

Basically, there has to be some order to the population reports, otherwise it would get too messy to find out which titles exist and for which country regions.

#4 OFFLINE   tkC

• Collection

Posted 03 April 2017 - 01:24 PM

The problem is they change all the time as people grade, this thread will get really messy trying to keep up. 

#5 OFFLINE   happyweed

• Collection

Posted 03 April 2017 - 01:57 PM

yeah , me not likey these threads either .

if anyone needs a po report all they have to do is email vga .. no point having a messed up thread here on sgh :agree:

#6 OFFLINE   Startyde

Posted 03 April 2017 - 02:43 PM

I guess it's encouraging VGA is confident they may have something soon. That seems to be a vast improvement on the surface.

#7 OFFLINE   jonebone

Posted 03 April 2017 - 05:33 PM

I guess it's encouraging VGA is confident they may have something soon. That seems to be a vast improvement on the surface.

Well, I suppose that depends on your definition of soon...

#8 OFFLINE   Jovi_seph

Posted 03 April 2017 - 06:41 PM

VGA (I know ya'll read this) but you mofos make more than enough money to have a list of graded games thru your website that should be constantly updated. For those of you who disagree are morons. You pay for their services, WAIT months on end sometimes. and then have the inconvenience of having to email these a**holes to find out a population report on games, which you are limited to to 3 games per day or some sh*t? and they usually take a couple days to answer. They have been "implementing" this service since I started collecting back in 2011. Reality check, this sh*t is never going to happen. And most of the time I ask for population reports they are inaccurate. Good luck on finding any solid population report numbers lol. A JOKE.

#9 OFFLINE   onetrekker

Posted 03 April 2017 - 08:55 PM

VGA (I know ya'll read this) but you mofos make more than enough money to have a list of graded games thru your website that should be constantly updated. For those of you who disagree are morons. You pay for their services, WAIT months on end sometimes. and then have the inconvenience of having to email these a**holes to find out a population report on games, which you are limited to to 3 games per day or some sh*t? and they usually take a couple days to answer. They have been "implementing" this service since I started collecting back in 2011. Reality check, this sh*t is never going to happen. And most of the time I ask for population reports they are inaccurate. Good luck on finding any solid population report numbers lol. A JOKE.

they must have a database somewhere that they update weekly/monthly that they could provide a link to .... but maybe the cartel members here do not want that information freely available 

#10 OFFLINE   BremZ

• eBay

Posted 03 April 2017 - 10:52 PM

When your talking N64 some titles may change every few months maybe, some titles haven't changed for years. Nearly every member requests pop reports, I thought it would of made sense to have a collab between members to give even a rough idea. Even just 5 members requesting the limit of 3 n64 titles per day would take less than a week for the full up to date set. 

Quite a mixed response, I thought that was a great plan :D If the idea of pop reports being public knowledge is off putting for some I would be happy to continue this via SGH PM. Please give me a message if you willing to participate and we can divide a list between a group  :good3:  

#11 OFFLINE   GPS

• Collection

Posted 04 April 2017 - 11:25 AM

they must have a database somewhere that they update weekly/monthly that they could provide a link to .... but maybe the cartel members here do not want that information freely available 

Yeah something is just not adding up. They surely must have a database whereby they can give quick responses easily when someone enquires on certain games. They surely don't just pull out random numbers out of their ass?!

Which makes it even more confusing why VGA doesn't just release this database into an open access area. Would help us collectors to know which games they have are more rarer or more common. And wouldn't this also save VGA's time by not having to bother giving daily replies to requests for population reports?

#12 OFFLINE   Lizard Slayer

• eBay
  • Collection

Posted 04 April 2017 - 05:11 PM

Lol....this guy gets it.

You will also have the problem of sloppy data, for example, try figuring out which FF7 versions they have graded!

#13 OFFLINE   Startyde

Posted 04 April 2017 - 05:33 PM

Gather around kids, and let me paint you a tale of real life wonder.

There was once a sexy Yeti, who much like you, was always bitching about the VGA online DB, and why it didn't exist like the AFA branch had. One day, this well endowed creature realized the AFA search is a hack job, pieced together sloppily with very rough functionality. The CGA site, in general, is a remnant of the past, based very much on Web 1.0 tech. So, instead of wasting time and effort making another hack job for a VGA census, CGA opted to redo their entire website and in the process, create a standardized UI for searching of all of their graded wares.

However, such a momentous undertaking would interrupt their current production schedule, as the system would not be available during this transition, and thus no time had been carved out to do it. Hark tho, that time may be coming quickly according to recent dialogue, and there will be much rejoicing.

And what of that studly, silken haired Yeti? Well folks, that is is a tale for another day...

#14 OFFLINE   onetrekker

Posted 06 April 2017 - 10:42 AM

Gather around kids, and let me paint you a tale of real life wonder.

There was once a sexy Yeti, who much like you, was always bitching about the VGA online DB, and why it didn't exist like the AFA branch had. One day, this well endowed creature realized the AFA search is a hack job, pieced together sloppily with very rough functionality. The CGA site, in general, is a remnant of the past, based very much on Web 1.0 tech. So, instead of wasting time and effort making another hack job for a VGA census, CGA opted to redo their entire website and in the process, create a standardized UI for searching of all of their graded wares.

However, such a momentous undertaking would interrupt their current production schedule, as the system would not be available during this transition, and thus no time had been carved out to do it. Hark tho, that time may be coming quickly according to recent dialogue, and there will be much rejoicing.

And what of that studly, silken haired Yeti? Well folks, that is is a tale for another day...

and yes the kiddies will rejoice when that day finally comes ..... 

but until then we will all think that it's secret information only allowed to be seen by the cartel members so they may fill their coffers

#15 OFFLINE   clr

Posted 06 April 2017 - 12:38 PM

just an addition:

these reports could be easily being faked due the members who grade an item, open the case and send them again to the VGA, which again grade that item and think these are two different games ....

i made such a list of the report-numbers for GameBoy already (http://nintendoage.c...threadid=155094) and when we take an example:

Castlevania Legends                90 (2), 85+ (3), 85 (1), 80 (1)

i could've let my copy graded 85, then I opened the acryl case, sent this again to the VGA and they graded it 85+ ...the report would be wrong there.

Another situation would accur when you send the item with the acryl case for a re-grade. I could imagine they update the list right then.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: VGA