VGA

Welcome to Sealed Game Heaven

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to Sealed Game Heaven, the internet's #1 forum devoted to Sealed Video Game collectors! You’ll find that this is a place where many fellow sealed collectors will not only show and discuss sealed games, but also partake in the buying, selling & trading of both sealed and unsealed games. At SGH we don’t discriminate against any of the big 3 companies or PAL / NTSC, rather we enjoy discussion about games from all the consoles and eras (Modern, Vintage; Atari & Sega; Nintendo, Sony, Microsoft). To view and use our community, you must become a member. This is a simple free process & once done you’ll gain access to:

- Our Game Sale & Trade Boards.
- Sealed Game Databases from Every Console.
- Information on Seal Types, Styles & Variants for both NTSC and PAL.
- Frequent updates on both Pal and NTSC Sealed Game Listing’s.
- Confirmation & Evidence in relation to Factory Seals & Reseals.
- VGA Discussion Forum & Guides for your First Submissions.
- What is a Game Worth? Well simply join and ask in our game value sub section.

Happy Hunting!

All new accounts will be validated by our admins within 24-48 hours :)

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

A fake-sealed PS1 game (Crash Bandicoot)?

• Please log in to reply
59 replies to this topic

#41 OFFLINE   adam005

Posted 11 April 2017 - 04:49 PM

How much did you say €382

#42 OFFLINE   Peacock

• Regional Focus:PAL

Posted 11 April 2017 - 05:03 PM

Yes, 382 €!

Sounds crazy, but meanwhile, after all I've went through, this far (see my history with this game in my older post), I'm desperate enough to pay that much for a legit copy of this game. :-(

#43 OFFLINE   Lyonz

• Collection
  • Regional Focus:PAL, NTSC-U/C, JAP

Posted 11 April 2017 - 07:01 PM

Sorry to see another dead end was hoping it might have been legit for you :( I have always been reluctant to buy from "RatziFatzi" too aka "Mike Fourman" as he never replies or his staff... via facebook, it's like you and kev are revisiting my steps :P

#44 OFFLINE   psx-collector

Posted 12 April 2017 - 09:31 PM

So, Crash 2 and Crash 3 Platinums on eBay are the fakes from "thepope15" too. I asked the seller to check them and he confirmed that there are no discs inside. I see another Crash 2 Platinum on eBay and I'm sure it was re-sealed too. I sent a warning to the seller but no reply yet.

#45 OFFLINE   Peacock

Posted 14 April 2017 - 03:21 AM

@psx-collector: Do you mean the two offers each for 139,99 GBP? I missed on these, because they're listed at eBay.co.uk, only, not internationally. The seals and inlays looked similarly suspicious, like my first fakes, indeed! And about the other one, still listed for 275,00 GBP, what's wrong with that, in your opinion? Because to me, this one doesn't look wrong - just a bit over-prized...

@all:

I returned the resealed shit, yesterday. Thereafter, I asked the seller for an exchange, because he had listed two other exemplaries at Amazon.de (although they could most likely originate from the same source, IMO it doesn't hurt to try), but he had already taken them out of his list, and wants to refund to me the money, instead. He said he wanted to investigate the remaining copies, first.

This seller is really a pain in the ass, like Lyonz said and master-kev has already tested out: He doesn't reply to e-mails, and if you actually manage to get him on the phone, he doesn't actually sound interested in a deal with you, by avoiding your questions and trying to put you off. And holy mother: You can clearly see that this is a reseal, done by an amateur. How come, that commercial sellers don't even see this??

Well, guess that now, almost all resealed copies of the PS1 Crash Bandicoot franchise are wiped off of the big sites, aren't they? :)

My search for Crash Bandicoot (Platinum) continues: Do you see my four boys? They're crying all the time, because they miss their oldest brother... :(

Attached Files

#46 OFFLINE   Lyonz

• Collection

Posted 14 April 2017 - 03:29 PM

@psx-collector: Do you mean the two offers each for 139,99 GBP? I missed on these, because they're listed at eBay.co.uk, only, not internationally. The seals and inlays looked similarly suspicious, like my first fakes, indeed! And about the other one, still listed for 275,00 GBP, what's wrong with that, in your opinion? Because to me, this one doesn't look wrong - just a bit over-prized...

@all:

I returned the resealed shit, yesterday. Thereafter, I asked the seller for an exchange, because he had listed two other exemplaries at Amazon.de (although they could most likely originate from the same source, IMO it doesn't hurt to try), but he had already taken them out of his list, and wants to refund to me the money, instead. He said he wanted to investigate the remaining copies, first.

This seller is really a pain in the ass, like Lyonz said and master-kev has already tested out: He doesn't reply to e-mails, and if you actually manage to get him on the phone, he doesn't actually sound interested in a deal with you, by avoiding your questions and trying to put you off. And holy mother: You can clearly see that this is a reseal, done by an amateur. How come, that commercial sellers don't even see this??

Well, guess that now, almost all resealed copies of the PS1 Crash Bandicoot franchise are wiped off of the big sites, aren't they? :)

My search for Crash Bandicoot (Platinum) continues: Do you see my four boys? They're crying all the time, because they miss their oldest brother... :(

One of them is a reseal mate!

#47 OFFLINE   Peacock

Posted 14 April 2017 - 08:53 PM

Do you mean one of my four boys?

That's impossible!
I checked all of them for about two hours each, with my personal 21-step-guide, implying the use of various different instruments, watching and comparing every inch of the seals, looking inside from every possible perspective to investigate shape, placement and condition of manual and CD, and so on...

And you look at a 'family' picture, taken from afar in yellowish light, and can just say that 'one of them is a reseal'!

What makes you so sure about that and why?

#48 OFFLINE   Lyonz

• Collection

Posted 14 April 2017 - 09:50 PM

That's impossible!
I checked all of them for about two hours each, with my personal 21-step-guide, implying the use of various different instruments, watching and comparing every inch of the seals, looking inside from every possible perspective to investigate shape, placement and condition of manual and CD, and so on...

And you look at a 'family' picture, taken from afar in yellowish light, and can just say that 'one of them is a reseal'!

Only joking with ya mate ;)

#49 OFFLINE   tkC

• Collection

Posted 15 April 2017 - 06:54 AM

That's impossible!

David's cunt of the week :D

#50 OFFLINE   Peacock

Posted 15 April 2017 - 09:33 AM

I think, that was dark British humour! :D

Oh my, David, meanwhile, hearing or reading the word "reseal" activates almost the same panic inside me as "Islamist" inside most of the Germans, nowadays...

At first, I thought you'd possess superpowers. :)

#51 OFFLINE   Lyonz

• Collection

Posted 15 April 2017 - 06:56 PM

That's impossible!

David's cunt of the week :D

Martin knows its only banter lol couldn't help myself :D

#52 OFFLINE   justice

• Collection

Posted 16 April 2017 - 01:30 AM

I think, that was dark British humour! :D

Oh my, David, meanwhile, hearing or reading the word "reseal" activates almost the same panic inside me as "Islamist" inside most of the Germans, nowadays...

:good3: :rofl: :(

#53 OFFLINE   ZeldaFreak

Posted 16 April 2017 - 06:58 AM

So who is Martin and why are you all referring to eachither with your given name?

Julian? David? Nick? Chris? Mike? Whatever?

*eachother

#54 OFFLINE   GPS

• Collection

Posted 16 April 2017 - 09:42 AM

Yeah we all should stop it with the name referencing...we have like 3 Davids, 3 Johns and 100 Mathews on SGH! It's getting too confusing who's talking about who??

#55 OFFLINE   happyweed

• Collection

Posted 16 April 2017 - 12:23 PM

Yeah we all should stop it with the name referencing...we have like 3 Davids, 3 Johns and 100 Mathews on SGH! It's getting too confusing who's talking about who??

yeah , and we also have 5 Rogers , all of which are in the same head :clap:

#56 OFFLINE   Sandrik

• Collection

Posted 16 April 2017 - 12:30 PM

:lol2:

#57 OFFLINE   ZeldaFreak

Posted 16 April 2017 - 02:17 PM

Oh wow, I need some aloe vera for that burn :lol:

Actually I found that joke really funny xD

#58 OFFLINE   justice

• Collection

Posted 16 April 2017 - 09:36 PM

:rofl:

:police: Fact is, we only have one Julian, so you can all call me Julian further! :boast: :police:

In the end i prefer justice though...not everybody has to know my real name! :nono: :run: :mad: :suicide:

#59 OFFLINE   ZeldaFreak

Posted 17 April 2017 - 04:58 AM

:rofl:

:police: Fact is, we only have one Julian, so you can all call me Julian further! :boast: :police:

In the end i prefer justice though...not everybody has to know my real name! :nono: :run: :mad: :suicide:

We'll just call you Pooper Scooper :boast:

#60 OFFLINE   LuxKiller65

Posted 27 April 2017 - 05:46 AM

Resealers belong inside the submerged part of the toilet pipe where the poop falls down. With a straw to keep them breathing and a metal tool to force their mouth open.

Thanks for sharing the stories and pictures.

The only helpful thing I can add is that I saw a couple of brand new sealed items that had some defects in the past. One that is in my collection is a sealed Japanese soundtrack where the cover of the booklet is partially folded the other way. Looks like a fuck-up somewhere along the production/packing process, especially since it's a "not for sale" version, so it makes sense as someone had to touch the item to put the "not for sale" sticker manually (I guess it was done manually at least back in 1993 that is), before the sealing process.