VGA

Welcome to Sealed Game Heaven

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to Sealed Game Heaven, the internet's #1 forum devoted to Sealed Video Game collectors! You’ll find that this is a place where many fellow sealed collectors will not only show and discuss sealed games, but also partake in the buying, selling & trading of both sealed and unsealed games. At SGH we don’t discriminate against any of the big 3 companies or PAL / NTSC, rather we enjoy discussion about games from all the consoles and eras (Modern, Vintage; Atari & Sega; Nintendo, Sony, Microsoft). To view and use our community, you must become a member. This is a simple free process & once done you’ll gain access to:

- Our Game Sale & Trade Boards.
- Sealed Game Databases from Every Console.
- Information on Seal Types, Styles & Variants for both NTSC and PAL.
- Frequent updates on both Pal and NTSC Sealed Game Listing’s.
- Confirmation & Evidence in relation to Factory Seals & Reseals.
- VGA Discussion Forum & Guides for your First Submissions.
- What is a Game Worth? Well simply join and ask in our game value sub section.

Happy Hunting!

All new accounts will be validated by our admins within 24-48 hours :)

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

Part of my ps1 pal collection

• Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

#1 ONLINE   adam005

Posted 28 January 2017 - 04:02 PM

Hello

Like everyone here is am very interested in sealed ps1 games especially games from my childhood here are a few

#2 ONLINE   adam005

Posted 28 January 2017 - 04:15 PM

A few

Attached Thumbnails

• 1485619831229-1486477501.jpg
  • 20161201_222922.jpg
  • 1485619950364-1167927582.jpg
  • 14856200136891174237247.jpg
  • 1485620040458-204232308.jpg
  • 1485620080924-1201301632.jpg

#3 OFFLINE   Retr0Gamer

• Collection
  • Regional Focus:PAL

Posted 28 January 2017 - 07:50 PM

Hey Adam, thanks for sharing your prized pieces :)

Sorry to tell you bud that Tomb Raider 1 is a reseal! :(

You see the fold to the artwork in the top left corner? there is no disc inside that case I can assure you 100%, if you weigh it against a factory sealed you will see the weight is less.

Sorry to be the barer of bad news, hopefully you may still be able to return & get your money back?

#4 ONLINE   adam005

Posted 28 January 2017 - 08:29 PM

Hey

Thanks for letting me know if was a bit suspicious how on earth did they reseal this

#5 OFFLINE   Retr0Gamer

• Collection

Posted 29 January 2017 - 10:51 AM

I am not an expert but there are plenty of resealed PS1 games about.

I would suggest taking some pictures of all angles particularly the seals either end then making a post in the relevant section & ask what people think.

#6 OFFLINE   Chippo

Posted 29 January 2017 - 07:31 PM

Great start, nice to have a new PAL PS1 collector here  :good3:

Not sure if this Tomb Raider 1 is a reseal, It is just one picture, to Me it looks fine...

#7 OFFLINE   Retr0Gamer

• Collection

Posted 29 January 2017 - 07:59 PM

Great start, nice to have a new PAL PS1 collector here  :good3:

Not sure if this Tomb Raider 1 is a reseal, It is just one picture, to Me it looks fine...

I had this exact game in my possession in the past & returned it. It was the artwork that got me concerned at 1st, then I noticed it felt significantly lighter than another cracked case one I had & sure I could see through the side there was no disc present. So I weighed this & exact same genuine sealed cracked case one & this was 10 grams lighter, another thing I noticed is that the patent pend on the reverse was imprinted differently between the 2. I am pretty sure I have some pics of the game saved on my computer from when I had it in my possession.

This is what leads me to believe it is a reseal, maybe I am wrong?

#8 ONLINE   adam005

Posted 29 January 2017 - 08:16 PM

No I don't think you are there was a scumbag on eBay selling reseals they were very convincing but had a slanted tearstrip and I opened it and there was no disk maybe this originally come from him
No I don't think you are there was a scumbag on eBay selling reseals they were very convincing but had a slanted tearstrip and I opened it and there was no disk maybe this originally come from him

#9 OFFLINE   Retr0Gamer

• Collection

Posted 29 January 2017 - 08:52 PM

So it was a reseal? thought so, still gutted for ya mate!

Please name & shame this seller so no one else here gets sucked in by these scum!

Yeah I have heard a fair amount about the slanted strip ones, might even have 1 myself but don't think that confirms a game as a reseal? again I am no expert but I believe some actually had a slanted strip from the factory.

#10 OFFLINE   sephiaya

• Collection

Posted 29 January 2017 - 09:02 PM

No I don't think you are there was a scumbag on eBay selling reseals they were very convincing but had a slanted tearstrip and I opened it and there was no disk maybe this originally come from him No I don't think you are there was a scumbag on eBay selling reseals they were very convincing but had a slanted tearstrip and I opened it and there was no disk maybe this originally come from him

Dave has been saying for years that the slanted strip sealed psx games are generally reseals.

#11 OFFLINE   GPS

• Collection

Posted 29 January 2017 - 10:46 PM

Slanted strips are not equivalent to reseals, as this could have occurred as production errors. That's just one factor to consider the probability of a reseal. The crease at top left corner (if indeed it is a crease, and not glare), raises the most suspicion that this could be a reseal.
Nice titles to start with @Adam!

#12 OFFLINE   happyweed

• Collection

Posted 29 January 2017 - 10:55 PM

please read this thread about the ps1 reseals :

http://www.sealedgam...al-ps1-reseals/

the only people that try to deny this are the one that have or have resold these games ..

its totally obvious is you know the history of these games .. all of a sudden a seller had numerous "sealed" ps1 games , loads of ps1 grailzz but all has the same dodgy tear strip ,, coincidence ... i don't think so :lol2:

#13 OFFLINE   tkC

• Collection

Posted 30 January 2017 - 12:13 PM

Wonky = Donkey :D HeeHaww

#14 OFFLINE   Lyonz

• Collection
  • Regional Focus:PAL, NTSC-U/C, JAP

Posted 30 January 2017 - 03:22 PM

A slanted tear-strip does not mean a reseal as there are many common worthless games this way which can only lead to factory error.

GREAT TO SEE SOME MORE PLAYSTATION AROUND HERE! KEEP IT UP ADAM! :drinks:

#15 OFFLINE   happyweed

• Collection

Posted 30 January 2017 - 03:26 PM

read my thread , no one said a slanted tear strip means reseal but if it is a slanted tear strip exactly like my description and on a rare game then i would be very suspicious .

#16 OFFLINE   Lyonz

• Collection
  • Regional Focus:PAL, NTSC-U/C, JAP

Posted 30 January 2017 - 03:35 PM

read my thread , no one said a slanted tear strip means reseal but if it is a slanted tear strip exactly like my description and on a rare game then i would be very suspicious .

Totally agree its suspicious only saying it could be a factory error so best to check folds. I wouldn't want to own it for the fact it would annoy me so never deal with them lol

#17 OFFLINE   justice

• Collection

Posted 30 January 2017 - 06:47 PM

:rofl: :(

What a shame with the Tomb Raider...

Congrats on the rest of your games. Tekken and Crash Bandicoot are great pieces!