Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
adam005

Part of my ps1 pal collection

17 posts in this topic

Hello

Like everyone here is am very interested in sealed ps1 games especially games from my childhood here are a few

Hey Adam, thanks for sharing your prized pieces :)

Sorry to tell you bud that Tomb Raider 1 is a reseal! :(

You see the fold to the artwork in the top left corner? there is no disc inside that case I can assure you 100%, if you weigh it against a factory sealed you will see the weight is less.

Sorry to be the barer of bad news, hopefully you may still be able to return & get your money back?

Hey

Thanks for letting me know if was a bit suspicious how on earth did they reseal this

I am not an expert but there are plenty of resealed PS1 games about.

I would suggest taking some pictures of all angles particularly the seals either end then making a post in the relevant section & ask what people think.

Great start, nice to have a new PAL PS1 collector here  :good3:

Not sure if this Tomb Raider 1 is a reseal, It is just one picture, to Me it looks fine...

Great start, nice to have a new PAL PS1 collector here  :good3:

Not sure if this Tomb Raider 1 is a reseal, It is just one picture, to Me it looks fine...

I had this exact game in my possession in the past & returned it. It was the artwork that got me concerned at 1st, then I noticed it felt significantly lighter than another cracked case one I had & sure I could see through the side there was no disc present. So I weighed this & exact same genuine sealed cracked case one & this was 10 grams lighter, another thing I noticed is that the patent pend on the reverse was imprinted differently between the 2. I am pretty sure I have some pics of the game saved on my computer from when I had it in my possession.

This is what leads me to believe it is a reseal, maybe I am wrong?

No I don't think you are there was a scumbag on eBay selling reseals they were very convincing but had a slanted tearstrip and I opened it and there was no disk maybe this originally come from him

No I don't think you are there was a scumbag on eBay selling reseals they were very convincing but had a slanted tearstrip and I opened it and there was no disk maybe this originally come from him

So it was a reseal? thought so, still gutted for ya mate!

Please name & shame this seller so no one else here gets sucked in by these scum!

Yeah I have heard a fair amount about the slanted strip ones, might even have 1 myself but don't think that confirms a game as a reseal? again I am no expert but I believe some actually had a slanted strip from the factory.

No I don't think you are there was a scumbag on eBay selling reseals they were very convincing but had a slanted tearstrip and I opened it and there was no disk maybe this originally come from him No I don't think you are there was a scumbag on eBay selling reseals they were very convincing but had a slanted tearstrip and I opened it and there was no disk maybe this originally come from him

Dave has been saying for years that the slanted strip sealed psx games are generally reseals.

Slanted strips are not equivalent to reseals, as this could have occurred as production errors. That's just one factor to consider the probability of a reseal. The crease at top left corner (if indeed it is a crease, and not glare), raises the most suspicion that this could be a reseal.

Nice titles to start with @Adam!

please read this thread about the ps1 reseals :

http://www.sealedgameheaven.com/index.php?/topic/6826-possible-pal-ps1-reseals/

the only people that try to deny this are the one that have or have resold these games ..

its totally obvious is you know the history of these games .. all of a sudden a seller had numerous "sealed" ps1 games , loads of ps1 grailzz but all has the same dodgy tear strip ,, coincidence ... i don't think so :lol2:

A slanted tear-strip does not mean a reseal as there are many common worthless games this way which can only lead to factory error.

GREAT TO SEE SOME MORE PLAYSTATION AROUND HERE! KEEP IT UP ADAM! :drinks:

read my thread , no one said a slanted tear strip means reseal but if it is a slanted tear strip exactly like my description and on a rare game then i would be very suspicious .

read my thread , no one said a slanted tear strip means reseal but if it is a slanted tear strip exactly like my description and on a rare game then i would be very suspicious .

Totally agree its suspicious only saying it could be a factory error so best to check folds. I wouldn't want to own it for the fact it would annoy me so never deal with them lol

:rofl::(

What a shame with the Tomb Raider...

Congrats on the rest of your games. Tekken and Crash Bandicoot are great pieces!