VGA

Welcome to Sealed Game Heaven

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to Sealed Game Heaven, the internet's #1 forum devoted to Sealed Video Game collectors! You’ll find that this is a place where many fellow sealed collectors will not only show and discuss sealed games, but also partake in the buying, selling & trading of both sealed and unsealed games. At SGH we don’t discriminate against any of the big 3 companies or PAL / NTSC, rather we enjoy discussion about games from all the consoles and eras (Modern, Vintage; Atari & Sega; Nintendo, Sony, Microsoft). To view and use our community, you must become a member. This is a simple free process & once done you’ll gain access to:

- Our Game Sale & Trade Boards.
- Sealed Game Databases from Every Console.
- Information on Seal Types, Styles & Variants for both NTSC and PAL.
- Frequent updates on both Pal and NTSC Sealed Game Listing’s.
- Confirmation & Evidence in relation to Factory Seals & Reseals.
- VGA Discussion Forum & Guides for your First Submissions.
- What is a Game Worth? Well simply join and ask in our game value sub section.

Happy Hunting!

All new accounts will be validated by our admins within 24-48 hours :)

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

SOLVED: Metal Gear Solid (PS1), German re-release

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   Peacock

• Regional Focus:PAL

Posted 22 January 2017 - 11:39 PM

Hey guys! I'm very new to this forum (but I've been aware of it for about a year).
I truly hope that I will find answers here, which possibly no one outside could tell me.

So, my first and atm most important case is about the German re-release of Metal Gear Solid for the PS1. It has the barcode 4012927010426 and has been released in late 2001.
Main differences to its original counterpart are the missing of the Silent Hill demo disc and a more yellowish cover design (instead of the original greyish design).

Now to the actual question: I know that the original release does have the PS1-tear-strip (because I own it! ^^).

But how did the re-release came sealed? Does it have a thin yellow tear-strip like MGS Special Missions, or a completely different type of seal?

I want to know because I want to purchase it. The seller made some pictures of it. It shows y-folds but no tear-strip...

What do you think of this: a professional reseal?

Maybe someone of you owns this re-release and could tell me for sure?

#2 OFFLINE   Lyonz

• Collection
  • Regional Focus:PAL, NTSC-U/C, JAP

Posted 22 January 2017 - 11:43 PM

Should have a tear-strip never seen a yellow tear-strip variant on MGS1: http://www.ebay.de/i...=p2047675.l2557

#3 OFFLINE   Peacock

Posted 23 January 2017 - 01:06 AM

Okay, thx a lot for pointing me to that auction!

If I looked closely enough to the photos, then it is a clear tear-strip - and since it got a high VGA grading, this must be the true form of sealing, am I right?

This could be possible, because I also own the sealed Driver 1+2 special edition, a post-2000 release, which has the same case and the same clear tear-strip, attached very close to the bottom compared to the original Sony ones.

#4 OFFLINE   Lyonz

• Collection
  • Regional Focus:PAL, NTSC-U/C, JAP

Posted 23 January 2017 - 01:12 AM

Check this: http://www.sealedgam...ear-collection/

#5 OFFLINE   Peacock

Posted 23 January 2017 - 05:07 PM

Wow, that's an amazing collection!

Thanks a lot for pointing me to that thread. Next time I will search the collection showcase section first before asking here about a specific game.