VGA

Welcome to Sealed Game Heaven

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to Sealed Game Heaven, the internet's #1 forum devoted to Sealed Video Game collectors! You’ll find that this is a place where many fellow sealed collectors will not only show and discuss sealed games, but also partake in the buying, selling & trading of both sealed and unsealed games. At SGH we don’t discriminate against any of the big 3 companies or PAL / NTSC, rather we enjoy discussion about games from all the consoles and eras (Modern, Vintage; Atari & Sega; Nintendo, Sony, Microsoft). To view and use our community, you must become a member. This is a simple free process & once done you’ll gain access to:

- Our Game Sale & Trade Boards.
- Sealed Game Databases from Every Console.
- Information on Seal Types, Styles & Variants for both NTSC and PAL.
- Frequent updates on both Pal and NTSC Sealed Game Listing’s.
- Confirmation & Evidence in relation to Factory Seals & Reseals.
- VGA Discussion Forum & Guides for your First Submissions.
- What is a Game Worth? Well simply join and ask in our game value sub section.

Happy Hunting!

All new accounts will be validated by our admins within 24-48 hours :)

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

crash bandicoot

• Please log in to reply
25 replies to this topic

#1 ONLINE   adam005

Posted 26 November 2016 - 03:56 PM

I have shown a few pics of a crash bandicoot sealed not y fold but some European countries didn't do this. It is tightly wrapped with seam and has little pin sized vent holes which he has been told means that this is a genuine factory sealed game also has white sony sticker on front of wrapping

Attached Files

#2 OFFLINE   ANiMESoKAR

Posted 26 November 2016 - 05:10 PM

As far as I know the white Sony sticker never came attached to the big box CB1. The "Free Demo" sticker did though so that should be underneath the shrinkwrap. As for the shrinkwrap being factory sealed, that's going to be tougher to answer I think. Would need to take to it with a magnifying glass and look hard for any scratches or dust underneath the shrinkwrap. As the shrinkwrap has come apart in places it's possible dust might have gotten in so that won't help in trying to identify if it's a factory or reseller seal. Is your friend going to sell this copy?

Hopefully one of the members here might be able to help you out a little more :)

#3 ONLINE   adam005

Posted 26 November 2016 - 05:35 PM

yes he is intending to sell the game soon i believe

#4 ONLINE   Matthew

• Regional Focus:PAL

Posted 26 November 2016 - 09:20 PM

Should chuck it on eBay.

It'd be interesting to see what it'd go for! :o

#5 OFFLINE   ANiMESoKAR

Posted 26 November 2016 - 09:26 PM

Should chuck it on eBay.

It'd be interesting to see what it'd go for! :o

I'm keen :D

#6 ONLINE   Matthew

Posted 26 November 2016 - 09:56 PM

I'm pretty sure 90% of the forum would be keen :P

#7 OFFLINE   ZeldaFreak

Posted 27 November 2016 - 02:10 PM

Uhmmm.. Yeah.. Well.. So where is the fucking tearstrip?

#8 OFFLINE   ANiMESoKAR

Posted 28 November 2016 - 02:48 AM

Roger, I think it's too early of a release to have the tearstrip. It is a day one console release title.

Still mate it's definitely a risky buy for anyone who wants it. If you're into grading, could you imagine paying a large sum of money only to have it knocked back by VGA? cringe worthy stuff :(

#9 ONLINE   adam005

Posted 04 December 2016 - 03:34 PM

been sent another pic you can see the pin holes going across

Attached Files

#10 OFFLINE   GPS

• Collection

Posted 05 December 2016 - 02:12 AM

From my limited experience with VGA, I don't think they will grade this item at all. Firstly because of the shrink-wrap seal, and secondly the stickers look different age, which tells you that they aren't sealed in factory state.

This is a nice item to own, no doubt. Just for those who are interested, please don't treat this like it's a sealed grail, because it's really a CIB with shrink-wrap.

I own a fair few Australian games sealed which are shrink-wrapped by the distributors in Australia, and not sold from it's factory sealed state. Same situation really, as even though the owner/buyer may know it's legit, but doesn't mean they're worth premium prices as these shrink-wrapped games, could easily have been resealed CIBs from dodgy sellers in the past. No way to prove, unless you break open the seal for inspection, unfortunately!

#11 OFFLINE   ANiMESoKAR

Posted 05 December 2016 - 02:38 AM

I did some research on the "Mega Star" sticker and it's a Saudi Arabian Movie and Music Distributor.

https://www.youtube....h?v=K0YW8SEbCJY

More can be found on Google about the company. This could very well be a reseal by Mega Star. Something we may never know but like GPS said it would be very unlikely VGA would grade it.

#12 ONLINE   Matthew

Posted 05 December 2016 - 04:18 AM

Would they remove the shrinkwrap and grade it Q? :o

#13 OFFLINE   GPS

• Collection

Posted 05 December 2016 - 06:58 AM

Pretty sure this won't even get graded Q even after seal is cut. Don't know if you guys notice, but the seal has split apart somewhat on the side of the game. This could potentially (and likely) lead to dust and other small particle crap to get into the games and latching onto disc surfaces. Dust itself does not mean the game is used, but all it takes is some movement of disc rubbing against dust/crap, then this leads to minute scratches. Thus indistinguishable from being a used game.

Sorry if I sound like a damn nerd, but those into PS1 collecting and thinking of paying big dollars need to know the basics from the above paragraph.

#14 OFFLINE   ANiMESoKAR

Posted 05 December 2016 - 01:19 PM

To grade a PS1 game Qualified makes no sense and isn't worth the time. Someone wise once told me Q graded PS1 games are worthless and I agree as 99% of them did come factory sealed.

If someone was to buy this CB1 they should buy it with the intention that it can't be graded. It's a real shame though as it would look great in a graded case.

#15 ONLINE   adam005

Posted 06 December 2016 - 11:46 PM

just to clarify even though this has what i think are vent holes going across game

#16 ONLINE   adam005

Posted 31 December 2016 - 01:31 AM

ok this is mine know and from what i can see this is no reseal or anything it has vent holes going across and if a shop resealed a game it definitely wouldn't have vent holes looks a genuine to me the white somy sticker is on the front

#17 OFFLINE   ANiMESoKAR

Posted 31 December 2016 - 10:31 AM

Congrats on your new add :D Are you going to send it off for grading?

#18 OFFLINE   GPS

• Collection

Posted 01 January 2017 - 11:49 AM

Well done on the new add adam! It'd be interesting to see what happens if you do decide to grade it. However, it's still a cool get just the way it is. Very unique item with so many stickers at its front! :)

#19 ONLINE   adam005

Posted 01 January 2017 - 12:40 PM

thank you

i will look into grading at some point now its just a case of finding more rare games lol

#20 ONLINE   Matthew

Posted 01 January 2017 - 09:46 PM

Grade it.

Sell it for buckets of cash.

Buy more rare games.

;) *thumbs up*