VGA

Welcome to Sealed Game Heaven

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to Sealed Game Heaven, the internet's #1 forum devoted to Sealed Video Game collectors! You’ll find that this is a place where many fellow sealed collectors will not only show and discuss sealed games, but also partake in the buying, selling & trading of both sealed and unsealed games. At SGH we don’t discriminate against any of the big 3 companies or PAL / NTSC, rather we enjoy discussion about games from all the consoles and eras (Modern, Vintage; Atari & Sega; Nintendo, Sony, Microsoft). To view and use our community, you must become a member. This is a simple free process & once done you’ll gain access to:

- Our Game Sale & Trade Boards.
- Sealed Game Databases from Every Console.
- Information on Seal Types, Styles & Variants for both NTSC and PAL.
- Frequent updates on both Pal and NTSC Sealed Game Listing’s.
- Confirmation & Evidence in relation to Factory Seals & Reseals.
- VGA Discussion Forum & Guides for your First Submissions.
- What is a Game Worth? Well simply join and ask in our game value sub section.

Happy Hunting!

All new accounts will be validated by our admins within 24-48 hours :)

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

What Everyone Already Knew, UKG is a Garage Scam

• Please log in to reply
45 replies to this topic

#41 OFFLINE   GPS

• Collection
  • Regional Focus:PAL

Posted 10 February 2017 - 09:31 PM

@Matthew, it could have been human error from 2 possible sources: the grader or the typist.
If anyone actually sees the video, the guy really did no attempt to explain the before and after grades. Just a quick 1 second preview of the game at the beginning where it was seen as 75+. Despite a quick glimpse, there were no obvious faults, which makes a 85+ score more suitable. The guy also showed his other UKG graded games which all scored 80-90. Why did he choose only the 75+ to re-grade? Because he knew it would definitely score higher, compared to the others from likely the same batch of grading. He intentionally shook the game out of the acrylic case to give it an effect the game should score less, and give us a bigger surprise to see it score a 10+ score!

In regards to the misprint label of the 75+, if it indeed was what happened, this video really just proves human error exists when a job of any kind involves....big shock coming.....humans!

#42 OFFLINE   Matthew

• Regional Focus:PAL

Posted 13 February 2017 - 11:48 AM

This whole thing is a can of worms :P

Perhaps a lot of peoples' views on UKG is already skewed and bias that it's inferior because of said peoples' love and loyalty for the VGA?

Or maybe UKG can be considered the ugly twin; or, that sequel to the movie that was unnecessary; or, the local pizza restaurant that no one goes to cos Pizza Hut is better. Etc etc - you get my point metaphor wise :P

If VGA made the same mistake, it wouldn't be as big a deal I'd imagine...

That's how society is these days - judgmental... :-/

#43 OFFLINE   Startyde

Posted 13 February 2017 - 02:31 PM

If VGA made the same mistake, it wouldn't be as big a deal I'd imagine...

It would be a huge deal, like it is here, but it hasn't happened, which is the whole point. People think this is just a hate fest on UKG. To a degree it is. UKG appeared out of nowhere and started calling themselves qualified to grade with no base or history to back it up. Fine, you have to start from somewhere.

But then you get a story like this and it turns the whole ship upside down. You can speculate how people would react to such a huge blunder by VGA, but in 15 years they haven't completely changed a grade to massive degrees like this, unless it went down massively...because they ruined the game, which HAS happened.

This though, throws UKG's grading system out the window, making them completely irrelevant. It's as simple as that.

#44 OFFLINE   onetrekker

Posted 14 February 2017 - 08:54 AM

#UKG appeared out of nowhere and started calling themselves qualified to grade with no base or history to back it up. Fine, you have to start from somewhere.#

guess everyone has to start from somewhere, grade toys grade cards grade comics.... makes you an expert on grading games........ fuck me thats cripsy cello ...hahaha........sounds like donald trump

#45 OFFLINE   ZeldaFreak

Posted 14 February 2017 - 05:39 PM

You can pick on almost anything and anyone, but leave Donald the fuck alone :stupid:

Also, UKG is as qualified as VGA doing this, also VGA is based in the US, UKG in the UK. And as we all know, PAL version are the only ones who got redstrip games. Case closed. Now lock the topic and make me the king of clever posts 

#46 OFFLINE   ZeldaFreak

Posted 14 February 2017 - 09:20 PM

I think my english was a bit off in the post above because I was pissed but to rephrase it and make it more mature, look at this amazing effort I put down;

1. You can pick on almost anyone or anything. But some people you just don't. On this list is also Emma Watson btw  :blush:

2. The guys at UKG might be as suited to do those things as VGA. All you need is some patience and a loupe. I guess anyone could do the job but only a handful will do it correctly. Also it depends on how the graders day is and if hes feeling generous and stuff.. lol

I don't know what the fuck I'm talking about. I just don't like jokes made on other peoples expenses :meeting: