Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
InfiniteDR3AMER

Complete Factory Sealed GTA Collection (Need Opinions)

16 posts in this topic

I AM WONDERING IF THIS IS A SELL NOW COLLECTION OR A SAVE FOR 15 YEARS AND BUILD MASS PROFIT COLLECTION?post-5415-0-11780400-1416704272_thumb.jpg

I finally have the whole original Sony owned Grand Theft Auto Trilogy FACTORY SEALED, never opened starting from Gta: 1 to Gta: 2 and then The Collectors Edition Trilogy pack of Gta: 3, Gta: Vice City, Gta: San Andreas. The Collectors Edition Dual Pack of Gta: Vice City Stories and Gta: Liberty City Stories, Gta: Chinatown wars for PSP, The Collectors Edition Gta: IV with The Ballad Of Gay Tony and The Lost And Damned, The big box Collectors Edition Gta: IV with all the extras still safely sealed within, and last but not least... The huge Collectors Edition Gta: V with everything stilled sealed within also with a solid steel painted gold 2GB USB drive and right now just the Ps2 Gta: Trilogy Pack strategy guides.

#gta #collector

Hard to tell 15 years from now what will be worth lots of money and will not.

I just know a lot of you guys are veteran collectors and might have some great insight on these items? Just an educated prediction would even help greatly! thanks for the response.

Lol I'm no veteran collector but if I had to predict, then I'd say some of them are likely to go up in value in a few years e.g. the GTA IV and V collector's editions but others such as Chinatown wars and the complete edition of episodes of liberty city are dirt-cheap now and my guess is they'll also be dirt cheap in a few years time because no-one's really collecting them since they're readily available. Also, collector's only really look for mint collector's editions rather than 'complete editions' because a 'complete edition' is basically the same as a GOTY edition and they're mostly released by publishers to get that last bit of profit from their games and as such, they're not really regarded as highly by collectors.

If I was in your situation and I just wanted to make the most profit possible, I'd wait a few years before selling since more people will be looking towards 7th gen consoles for collecting. You may also want to consider whether or not you want to sell it altogether or separately. Unless you just want to get rid of it as soon as possible there's no point in selling it now. 

I doubt any gta games will go up. Most modern games are fad based and have a high premium initially or at the time of the first sequel (there are exceptions of course). My own personal belief is that the collecting market for things like ps3, 360 and even wii won't have a large $$$ in the future.

You won't ever get "mass" profit on any modern games like gta, cod, ass creed, etc.

I doubt any gta games will go up. Most modern games are fad based and have a high premium initially or at the time of the first sequel (there are exceptions of course). My own personal belief is that the collecting market for things like ps3, 360 and even wii won't have a large $$$ in the future.

You won't ever get "mass" profit on any modern games like gta, cod, ass creed, etc.

I don't think were playing the same games, lol.

Yeah, I doubt very much that this will be worth more than 15 years worth of inflation.  GTA is a great series, but not necessarily one that many people collect.  But again, who knows what the industry will be like in nearly two decades.  By then there most certainly won't be any physical releases anymore, so that could obviously help with the value.

I would also like to add that if you are collecting right now for money in the future, (i.e., an investment) video games are not the way to go.

With all honesty, it's not really all that of an impressive GTA collection, so saving it for 15 years hoping it will increase in value is a bit of a risk. You'd be better off selling each individual game off for the best price you can get. Half the games here are re-releases, and they're quite commonly found at the moment as stated above by others. The only title really worth any decent Dollar is the GTA IV CE - the GTA V CE is also quite sought after, but the price has seriously taken a hit since the PS4 & XB1 version of the game was released

If this was a more extensive GTA collection featuring over 30+ items, I would say keep it, but for such a small collection which isn't even complete (you're missing GTA London 1969 at the very least) it's not worth stashing away. That said, it's a very good start to a collection, and I feel that you could easily build on it and flesh it out with alternative console releases (such as Xbox / X360 / XB1 versions), re-releases (Greatest Hits releases, or original releases for titles where you already own the GH version or a double pack), and handheld versions (Chinatown Wars on DS, Liberty City Stories & Vice City Stories on PSP). GTA V also had different CE's available.

If your collection was more complete, it would grab more attention to any future prospective collector

Ass creed lol that cracks me up get it?

Have you thought about selling your GTA 1? :)

Yea especially after seeing all the responses everything is up for sale lol I went through a little phase of believing i had something valuable and that i could turn around one day and make a decent profit but i appreciate all respondents even the blowjob comment fag lmao 

I did not see anything listed. Are you selling anything separate?

Hey i sold a few on there, the auctions just ended but im located in calfornia text me at (810)887-1650 and ill send you better pictures and descriptions. I still have gta 1, 2, the gta 4 collectors edition, the gta stories dual pack, and the gta san andreas, vice city, and gta 3 trilogy pack.