VGA

Welcome to Sealed Game Heaven

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to Sealed Game Heaven, the internet's #1 forum devoted to Sealed Video Game collectors! You’ll find that this is a place where many fellow sealed collectors will not only show and discuss sealed games, but also partake in the buying, selling & trading of both sealed and unsealed games. At SGH we don’t discriminate against any of the big 3 companies or PAL / NTSC, rather we enjoy discussion about games from all the consoles and eras (Modern, Vintage; Atari & Sega; Nintendo, Sony, Microsoft). To view and use our community, you must become a member. This is a simple free process & once done you’ll gain access to:

- Our Game Sale & Trade Boards.
- Sealed Game Databases from Every Console.
- Information on Seal Types, Styles & Variants for both NTSC and PAL.
- Frequent updates on both Pal and NTSC Sealed Game Listing’s.
- Confirmation & Evidence in relation to Factory Seals & Reseals.
- VGA Discussion Forum & Guides for your First Submissions.
- What is a Game Worth? Well simply join and ask in our game value sub section.

Happy Hunting!

All new accounts will be validated by our admins within 24-48 hours :)

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

Austin's Sealed Nintendo Wii Collection (UK PAL)

nintendo zelda wii gamecube ds 3ds mario sealed ukg

• Please log in to reply
418 replies to this topic

#401 OFFLINE   sedy_vadi

• eBay
  • Collection
  • Regional Focus:PAL

Posted 14 October 2016 - 01:05 PM

+1. Great as always! Looks like it comes the biggest open Wii collection.  :good3:

#402 OFFLINE   Auspinks

• Collection

Posted 27 October 2016 - 02:43 PM

Update!

Just a minor update but i'm pretty happy with these :)

My next update will probably be around mid December...

KororinpaVGA85+.jpg TwilightPrincessVGA85+Redstrip.jpg

ZeldaGroupShot2.jpg

#403 OFFLINE   justice

• Collection

Posted 27 October 2016 - 06:05 PM

Beautiful stuff Austin! Kororinpa VGA90 is hot, wow. Looks like its pretty rare. Dont even know if i have seen the game sealed before. Just watched some gameplay, really great game. I love such games with balls! :lol: :ashamed: :D

Also love the Zelda group picture. All VGA85+ graded, looks awesome!  :)

Your collection is getting better and bigger by the day! :good2:

#404 OFFLINE   Auspinks

• Collection

Posted 27 October 2016 - 06:16 PM

Beautiful stuff Austin! Kororinpa VGA90 is hot, wow.

I love the games with really nice full cover artwork :D Great colours on Kororinpa too! Very happy to have this in VGA90. :wow: 

#405 OFFLINE   BremZ

• eBay

Posted 27 October 2016 - 09:16 PM

Great new adds Aus  :good3:

Like how you have strip type on the details, great idea with so many variations on the Wii, also 90 grade on a such a rare title, impressive!

#406 OFFLINE   Auspinks

• Collection

Posted 27 October 2016 - 11:33 PM

Thanks mate! :) All the variations make collecting for the Wii the bit more interesting :D

#407 OFFLINE   GPS

• Collection

Posted 28 October 2016 - 12:44 AM

Great adds Austin! Mind telling us a bit about red strips and grey strips for Wii/Wii U?

#408 OFFLINE   Auspinks

• Collection

Posted 28 October 2016 - 01:31 AM

Great adds Austin! Mind telling us a bit about red strips and grey strips for Wii/Wii U?

Thanks GPS  :D

Sure thing! Nintendo have made three different versions of the tear-strip, to date. (Tear strips including the company name on the strip, not including clear strips or recycle strips) It is only the Nintendo Wii and Nintendo DS that have games using all three versions of the Nintendo tear strips, which makes these extra special to collect for, in my opinion. Three Wii games lived through the entire period of switching between the three versions. (Mario Strikers Charged Football, The Legend of Zelda Twilight Princess and Mario Party 8)

strip spaces.jpg

1. Original, wide space red tear-strip. - This is essentially the same tear strip colour and spacing that had been used since back in the early NES days! The Wii had around 2 years of game production with this original strip. (2006 to late 2007/early 2008). Only 3 Wii games were made which only came available with this version of the tear-strip, due to fairly short production runs. (Pangya! Golf with Style, Kororinpa and Wing Island)

2. Second version, close spaced red tear-strip. - This version was only around between late 2007/early 2008-2009. The recycle logo is added to this tear strip along with more Nintendo's crammed across the strip.

I'm not sure why Nintendo created this version for such a short period of time. (Also considering that the original wide space tear strip had potentially been around since 1985 or so. (21 years!)) I have a feeling it may be to do with the size of the game boxes decreasing, mainly with the DS boxes, which meant that more Nintendo's were needed in close proximity across the box (For consumer impact). I'm guessing some algorithms were used to work out overlaps and potential for getting undesirable half of words across the game etc. 

3. Third version, black/grey tear-strip - This has been around since 2009 and has remained the same up until present day. :) The Nintendo logos on this strip are smaller again so have more scope to be used on smaller cases in the future.

On a side note, Nintendo seems to be going back to the old red/white Nintendo colour scheme alongside with the announcement of the new Switch. Strangely enough on Nintendo.com they are showing the new white on red text logo but on Nintendo.co.uk the old grey logo is still in place.

logo comparison.jpg

#409 OFFLINE   justice

• Collection

Posted 28 October 2016 - 01:52 PM

Great post Austin! Our tear strip-pro! :good2:

#410 OFFLINE   Auspinks

• Collection

Posted 03 January 2017 - 06:19 PM

Finally i've received my latest batch of VGA Wii games, very pleased with these! :D

ANOTHER CODE R VGA90.jpg BATALLION WARS 2 VGA85+.jpg CALLING VGA90.jpg ENDLESS OCEAN VGA90+.jpg FAMILY SKI VGA90.jpg MARIO PARTY 8 VGA85+.jpg NARUTO 3 VGA85+.jpg NEW PLAY CONTROL DONKEY VGA85+.jpg PANGYA GOLF VGA90.JPG POKEPARK 1 VGA85+.jpg POKEPARK 2 VGA90+.jpg SIN AND PUNISHMENT VGA90+.jpg SUPER PAPER RED VGA90.jpg SUPER PAPER GREY VGA90.jpg SUPER SMASH VGA95.jpg ZACK WIKI VGA90.jpg

Here are a few group photos of series too :)

_MG_1032 copy.jpg _MG_1033 copy.jpg _MG_1034 copy.jpg

_MG_1029 copy.jpg _MG_1031 copy.jpg _MG_1035 copy.jpg

and finally some gold graded launch titles! (And very early Wii releases) :smoke:

_MG_1037 copy.jpg

#411 OFFLINE   MattyDread

• Collection

Posted 03 January 2017 - 06:45 PM

+1 from me mate

#412 OFFLINE   BremZ

• eBay

Posted 03 January 2017 - 07:11 PM

Lovely items Aus, all with great grades!  :good3:

#413 OFFLINE   justice

• Collection

Posted 03 January 2017 - 07:47 PM

Wow what an update Austin. High grades! Love the two different strip-Paper Marios, the Mario Party´s and the 90+ Endless Ocean, beautiful cover and great game with an epic soundtrack. The Launch titles are great too. Never knew these are launch titles all. Interesting. Im no Pokemon fan at all, but have to say, these are beautiful for any reason. Must be the high grades and the funny covers which let me think like this...lol. What a colorful update! ^-^

#414 OFFLINE   Auspinks

• Collection

Posted 03 January 2017 - 08:54 PM

Cheers fellas! :D 

#415 OFFLINE   GPS

• Collection

Posted 03 January 2017 - 09:37 PM

Good way to start the year with your upgrades mate!
Btw, you know I love group and series photos, right? :)

#416 OFFLINE   sedy_vadi

• eBay
  • Collection

Posted 05 January 2017 - 04:36 PM

Sorry I'm late a bit with reply to this decent graded games. But I think, you will have to raise your grade level and start to hunting for 95 soon... :scratch: It would be interesting, I suppose. +1 from me too!  :good3:

#417 OFFLINE   Auspinks

• Collection

Posted 06 January 2017 - 02:40 PM

Good way to start the year with your upgrades mate!
Btw, you know I love group and series photos, right? :)

Thanks GPS! Who doesn't love a group photo! :D

Sorry I'm late a bit with reply to this decent graded games. But I think, you will have to raise your grade level and start to hunting for 95 soon... :scratch: It would be interesting, I suppose. +1 from me too!  :good3:

Some of these games are very difficult to find in 85+ condition let alone nearly perfect grades! I always try to get the best condition where possible but i'm happy to have any gold grade to be honest :)

#418 ONLINE   Retr0Gamer

• Collection

Posted 08 January 2017 - 12:19 AM

Hey Aus,

Just finally found the time to finish of reading your Wii collection thread :) Must say what a collection, Fantastic grades, looks beautiful!

Just Mario Kart to go! 1 day it will pop up I am sure. Do you plan to grade all of your Wii collection?

#419 OFFLINE   Auspinks

• Collection

Posted 09 January 2017 - 04:39 PM

Thanks mate :D Glad that people are still enjoying this collection!

Mario Kart has so far eluded me, but i'm still looking :) I have the Players Choice version of the game so at least I have one version of Mario Kart. 

I have almost half of the collection graded now so more than likely I will aim to grade the rest of the collection. I have the majority of the hard to find games already graded so a lot of the others are pretty easy to find and are cheap. (Wii Music, Big Brain Academy, Trauma centre). It feels wrong to be grading games where the value of the game is many times outweighed by the cost of grading but a full graded set would look amazing :D

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: nintendo, zelda, wii, gamecube, ds, 3ds, mario, sealed, ukg