VGA

Welcome to Sealed Game Heaven

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to Sealed Game Heaven, the internet's #1 forum devoted to Sealed Video Game collectors! You’ll find that this is a place where many fellow sealed collectors will not only show and discuss sealed games, but also partake in the buying, selling & trading of both sealed and unsealed games. At SGH we don’t discriminate against any of the big 3 companies or PAL / NTSC, rather we enjoy discussion about games from all the consoles and eras (Modern, Vintage; Atari & Sega; Nintendo, Sony, Microsoft). To view and use our community, you must become a member. This is a simple free process & once done you’ll gain access to:

- Our Game Sale & Trade Boards.
- Sealed Game Databases from Every Console.
- Information on Seal Types, Styles & Variants for both NTSC and PAL.
- Frequent updates on both Pal and NTSC Sealed Game Listing’s.
- Confirmation & Evidence in relation to Factory Seals & Reseals.
- VGA Discussion Forum & Guides for your First Submissions.
- What is a Game Worth? Well simply join and ask in our game value sub section.

Happy Hunting!

All new accounts will be validated by our admins within 24-48 hours :)

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

Reseal scam off ebay, past 90 days, can I do something?

ebay zelda scam reseal

• Please log in to reply
23 replies to this topic

#21 OFFLINE   jonebone

Posted 07 July 2014 - 10:54 PM

Did you guys read the VGA report?  "Flap shows heavy creasing along front edge from opening"

There are definitely some good fakes out there in the market, but every sealed collector should at least be able to inspect for a:

1) V-seam / H-Seam depending on platform

2) Any whitening (or marker touchup) along the rear side opening flap.  Any game that has been physically opened will have a wear crease along that flap.

Don't feel bad though, I bought a Mega Man 1 reseal when I was new to sealed.  However, I knew it was an expensive purchase, so I opted for the super fast Archival VGA turnaround.  It got refused within 2-3 weeks from original purchase, so I was able to get a full refund from the seller (though they weren't happy). 

Best $70 I ever spent.  Nothing to show for it but a ton of wisdom and knowledge gained.

#22 OFFLINE   Marcus_CA

• Collection

Posted 16 July 2014 - 10:49 PM

Visit here for pictures:

https://www.mediafir...6tk//Zelda LTTP

#23 OFFLINE   An Unclean Sink

• Collection

Posted 01 January 2016 - 09:38 AM

I am wayyy late to the party here on this post, but those pictures are a very convincing fake, the only thing i notice that gives it away is how straight the ends of the H seam are, and the wrapping looks fresh.

#24 OFFLINE   deedeedoo

• Regional Focus:NTSC-U/C

Posted 16 December 2016 - 04:37 AM

I know I'm reviving an old thread but does anybody have photos of other H-SEAM fakes that future potential buyers could take reference to? Fakes are getting better each day. 

Aside from the tiny vent-holes and the quality of the cellophane, is there any other sure-fire way to detect fakes? Any knowledge would be appreciated!

Honestly I would've fell for the same Zelda LTTP if there were some vent holes on it