VGA

Welcome to Sealed Game Heaven

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to Sealed Game Heaven, the internet's #1 forum devoted to Sealed Video Game collectors! You’ll find that this is a place where many fellow sealed collectors will not only show and discuss sealed games, but also partake in the buying, selling & trading of both sealed and unsealed games. At SGH we don’t discriminate against any of the big 3 companies or PAL / NTSC, rather we enjoy discussion about games from all the consoles and eras (Modern, Vintage; Atari & Sega; Nintendo, Sony, Microsoft). To view and use our community, you must become a member. This is a simple free process & once done you’ll gain access to:

- Our Game Sale & Trade Boards.
- Sealed Game Databases from Every Console.
- Information on Seal Types, Styles & Variants for both NTSC and PAL.
- Frequent updates on both Pal and NTSC Sealed Game Listing’s.
- Confirmation & Evidence in relation to Factory Seals & Reseals.
- VGA Discussion Forum & Guides for your First Submissions.
- What is a Game Worth? Well simply join and ask in our game value sub section.

Happy Hunting!

All new accounts will be validated by our admins within 24-48 hours :)

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

Reseal scam off ebay, past 90 days, can I do something?

ebay zelda scam reseal

• Please log in to reply
23 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   Marcus_CA

• Collection

Posted 07 July 2014 - 04:27 PM

I need advice / help.... Is there anything I can do?

I bought an 'original sealed' Zelda: A Link to the Past from a respected ebay user back in January. Although, because I live in Canada it took a while for it to arrive to my home and being sent to VGA for review. (I have no knowledge to what is sealed and resealed.)

To my unpleasant surprise, it got refused... it is a reseal. Is there anything I can do? I tried reporting him/auction but I can't seem to do anything since it's well above 90 days past due.

His only response to my message was on June 24:

I can confirm you this game is not reseal i have buy this game many years ago from a respectable shop on ebay. How you think it is possible to reproduce a H seam? I don't see anyone selling a reproduction of H seam on ebay and i don't know how it's possible to make it if you don't have the nintendo sealing machine... I want to know what is the response from VGA because i already send some sealed game and they refuse it for the same thing but i'm sure at 100% my game is not resealed!
Please let me know

I want to believe him ... but, is it possible for VGA to make mistakes?

Attached Files

#2 OFFLINE   totoro

• Collection

Posted 07 July 2014 - 04:28 PM

Who is the respected -lol- seller?

#3 OFFLINE   Kryptex

Posted 07 July 2014 - 04:28 PM

Call paypal or contact @AskPayPal on Twitter they've helped me before.

#4 OFFLINE   Marcus_CA

• Collection

Posted 07 July 2014 - 04:32 PM

Who is the respected -lol- seller?

I PM'd the name .. I don't exactly want to point fingers publicly just yet.

It's been months since the transaction and a debit card was used. I don't believe I can reverse the transaction, can I?

#5 OFFLINE   rarebucky

• Collection

Posted 07 July 2014 - 04:32 PM

Do you have a link to the auction?

#6 OFFLINE   Marcus_CA

• Collection

Posted 07 July 2014 - 04:35 PM

Do you have a link to the auction?

Hey rarebucky, it's cool to see you here. :) No, the transaction date was January 20th, 2014.

Attached Files

#7 OFFLINE   rarebucky

• Collection

Posted 07 July 2014 - 04:37 PM

Unfortunately, this clown has scammed me before too, with fake Pokemon GBA re-seals.  Not much you can do given the time that has passed - have you tried contacting him?

#8 OFFLINE   Marcus_CA

• Collection

Posted 07 July 2014 - 04:38 PM

Unfortunately, this clown has scammed me before too, with fake Pokemon GBA re-seals.  Not much you can do given the time that has passed - have you tried contacting him?

Great... and yes, I edited my first post with his only response.

#9 OFFLINE   Kryptex

Posted 07 July 2014 - 05:13 PM

It's been months since the transaction and a debit card was used. I don't believe I can reverse the transaction, can I?

Contact them on Twitter and they will e-mail you about the details, just make up some sad story. And make sure to keep saying the seller turned out to be fraudulent and whatnot.

#10 OFFLINE   Marcus_CA

• Collection

Posted 07 July 2014 - 05:14 PM

Contact them on Twitter and they will e-mail you about the details, just make up some sad story. And make sure to keep saying the seller turned out to be fraudulent and whatnot.

Any suggestions on this "sad story" ?

#11 OFFLINE   Hebbe84

• Collection

Posted 07 July 2014 - 05:22 PM

Any suggestions on this "sad story" ?

I would think that the actual story is sad enough if you have any shot at all at getting your money back, which you probably don't. 

#12 OFFLINE   Kryptex

Posted 07 July 2014 - 05:39 PM

Exaggeration is the key.

#13 OFFLINE   Lizard Slayer

• eBay
  • Collection

Posted 07 July 2014 - 06:31 PM

I'm on the sellers side, it's been 6 months, get over it and learn your lesson. :wow:

#14 OFFLINE   Marcus_CA

• Collection

Posted 07 July 2014 - 06:33 PM

I'm on the sellers side, it's been 6 months, get over it and learn your lesson. :wow:

What lesson is that exactly; I have to learn the difference between original seal and reseals?

It is impossible for me to make the process from the seller to VGA any faster - I took no delay.

#15 OFFLINE   Lizard Slayer

• eBay
  • Collection

Posted 07 July 2014 - 06:35 PM

What lesson is that exactly; I have to learn the difference between original seal and reseals?

It is impossible for me to make the process from the seller to VGA any faster - I took no delay.

Yes, know what you are buying or at the very least get decent pictures and ask some the veterans here BEFORE buying something.

#16 OFFLINE   Gators300

Posted 07 July 2014 - 06:41 PM

Yes, know what you are buying or at the very least get decent pictures and ask some the veterans here BEFORE buying something.

Uh, if this seller is convincingly faking H-Seam and V-Seam seals, (and obviously he is, as he has apparently even faked out Bucky) what more would you ask?  It isn't like this is extremely obvious, "Video Game Quality" level fakes.  That said, I haven't seen the item in question, but if you are a seller doing something wrong/illegal/immoral, in my opinion, there is no statute of limitations on someone getting their money back.

#17 OFFLINE   rarebucky

• Collection

Posted 07 July 2014 - 06:42 PM

Well, to be honest, this seller is shady as hell and from his photos everything looks legit.  Even I got fooled by his pics on my GBA stuff.

#18 OFFLINE   Marcus_CA

• Collection

Posted 07 July 2014 - 06:50 PM

Well, to be honest, this seller is shady as hell and from his photos everything looks legit.  Even I got fooled by his pics on my GBA stuff.

This ... the seller had written original seal & brand new all over the description. The price alone suggested it was 'brand new' ... 

Mint NIB go for a third of what I paid.

I will be able to take close-up pictures later this week for everyone's curiosity - and personal judgement.

#19 OFFLINE   Startyde

Posted 07 July 2014 - 06:57 PM

Collect PAL. I hear you can't fake their precious tearstrips hahaha

#20 OFFLINE   Marcus_CA

• Collection

Posted 07 July 2014 - 07:00 PM

Collect PAL. I hear you can't fake their precious tearstrips hahaha

Ha. :) Though, I personally hate those tear-strips and I am really close to completing my collection.

This set back though costed me a lot.