VGA

Welcome to Sealed Game Heaven

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to Sealed Game Heaven, the internet's #1 forum devoted to Sealed Video Game collectors! You’ll find that this is a place where many fellow sealed collectors will not only show and discuss sealed games, but also partake in the buying, selling & trading of both sealed and unsealed games. At SGH we don’t discriminate against any of the big 3 companies or PAL / NTSC, rather we enjoy discussion about games from all the consoles and eras (Modern, Vintage; Atari & Sega; Nintendo, Sony, Microsoft). To view and use our community, you must become a member. This is a simple free process & once done you’ll gain access to:

- Our Game Sale & Trade Boards.
- Sealed Game Databases from Every Console.
- Information on Seal Types, Styles & Variants for both NTSC and PAL.
- Frequent updates on both Pal and NTSC Sealed Game Listing’s.
- Confirmation & Evidence in relation to Factory Seals & Reseals.
- VGA Discussion Forum & Guides for your First Submissions.
- What is a Game Worth? Well simply join and ask in our game value sub section.

Happy Hunting!

All new accounts will be validated by our admins within 24-48 hours :)

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

Gemini-Phoenix's N-Gage Collection

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   Gemini-Phoenix

Δίδυμοι-Φοίνικες

• 6,545 posts
  • eBay
  • Collection
  • Regional Focus:PAL, NTSC-U/C

Posted 28 January 2009 - 04:46 AM

I was always drawn to the N-Gage ever since I heard there would be PlayStation style graphics. Early games like Pandemonium, Tomb Raider, Sonic N, and Super Monkey Ball were what attracted me, and it looked like it had serious potential to be a major handheld player (That is, until the PSP was announced by Sony)

I liked the initial design, and it was one of the first Symbian mobile devices out which enabled the ability to play music and listen to radio and send picture messages etc, plus it had a colour screen (Something of a new thing back then). In all, a nice handheld / mobile at the time. A shame it had no camera, and it was a little bulky, and you had to remove the battery to insert a game ~ Something that was changed for the redesigned N-Gage QD.

The emulation was something that kept it alive. Although not perfect, and despite various problems (Ie, little or no sound support), it was great to be able to play classic NES, Mega Drive, and GameBoy games on a mobile phone device.

When I first got my N-Gage back in the summer of 2004 I struggled to find games for it, as many stores had ceased selling them. The few that I was able to find were only the older releases which were released in abundance. Newer games I had to rely on eBay to get hold of. After the first handful of games, some kind fellow on eBay sent me a Cd-r with all the games on which could be uploaded to my memory card ~ Although I always bought the games sealed, it was at this point that I decided to keep them sealed and try and collect the complete set!

As time went on, the prices of the games dropped, but they became harder and harder to get hold of. As Nokia then decided to cease MMC production and move onto downloadable content, it is very difficult to get hold of the last few MMC's to be released. Also, Sega Rally is somewhat of an N-Gage collector's Holy Grail, as it was not released in America or Europe, with many collector's having to track down the scarce Australian versions.

The main appeal of collecting for the N-Gage is that it is an achievable goal to collect a complete set, especially now that the majority of the games are so cheap and easy to find, even sealed copies. The exception being the handful of later releases that were released in limited numbers prior to the decision to be download only.

Here is my (Almost complete) UK N-Gage collection:
(Pictures added 4th September 2007!)
(Pictures re-uploaded 9th February 2016!)

Attached File  N-Gage Sealed Front II.jpg   166.48KB   0 downloads Attached File  N-Gage Complete Collection Spine.jpg   134.31KB   0 downloads

• Asphalt Urban GT
  • Atari Masterpieces: Volume I
  • Atari Masterpieces: Volume II
  • Bomberman
  • Call Of Duty
  • Catan
  • Colin McRae Rally 2005
  • Crash Nitro Kart
  • Fifa Football 2005
  • Glimmerati
  • High Seize
  • Marcel Desailly Pro Soccer
  • MLB Slam!
  • Moto GP
  • ONE
  • Operation Shadow
  • Pathway To Glory
  • Pathway To Glory: Ikusa Islands
  • Pocket Kingdom: Own The World
  • Puzzle Bobble Vs
  • Rayman III
  • Red Faction
  • Requiem Of Hell
  • Sonic N
  • Spider-Man II
  • SSX: Out Of Bounds
  • Super Monkey Ball
  • System Rush
  • The Elder Scrolls Travels: Shadowkey
  • The King Of Fighters: Extreme
  • The Roots: Gates Of Chaos
  • The Sims: Bustin’ Out
  • Tiger Woods PGA Tour 2004
  • Tom Clancy’s Ghost Recon: Jungle Storm
  • Tom Clancy’s Splinter Cell: Team Stealth Action
  • Tom Clancy’s Splinter Cell: Chaos Theory
  • Tony Hawk’s Pro Skater
  • Virtua Tennis ~ (Added 25th August 2011) (Not pictured)
  • Worms World Party
  • WWE Aftershock
  • Xanadu Next
  • X-Men Legends
  • X-Men Legends II: Rise Of Apocalypse
  • Sega Rally ~ (Australian only release)
  • Glimmerati ~ (Duplicate)
  • The Elder Scrolls Travels: Shadowkey ~ (Duplicate)

I also have the following games which are not sealed:

• Ashen
  • FIFA 2004
  • Pandemonium
  • Puyo Pop
  • Sonic N*
  • Super Monkey Ball*
  • Tomb Raider
  • Virtua Tennis*

* = Also owned sealed

The last few games I am still seeking are:

• Asphalt: Urban GT II
  • Civilization
  • Mile High Pinball
  • Rifts: Promise Of Power
  • Warhammer 40,000: Glory In Death ~ (Unconfirmed as MMC)
  • NCAA Football 2004 ~ (USA only release)

#2 OFFLINE   Fezi

Posted 27 May 2010 - 08:34 AM

Warhammer 40,000: Glory In Death ~ (Unconfirmed as MMC)

http://cgi.ebay.de/N... ... 508wt_1137

#3 OFFLINE   Gemini-Phoenix

Δίδυμοι-Φοίνικες

• 6,545 posts
  • eBay
  • Collection

Posted 27 May 2010 - 09:54 AM

Warhammer 40,000: Glory In Death ~ (Unconfirmed as MMC)

http://cgi.ebay.de/N... ... 508wt_1137

Hmm, interesting stuff! Thanks Fezi. However, that auction seems to be for a German PAL copy, and i've yet to see a UK PAL copy of Warhammer 40,000: Glory In Death

It would be nice if I could find these remaining few games and complete the collection, although these specific titles are very rarely spotted on eBay

#4 OFFLINE   Val

• Collection

Posted 27 May 2010 - 10:01 AM

#5 OFFLINE   Gemini-Phoenix

Δίδυμοι-Φοίνικες

• 6,545 posts
  • eBay
  • Collection

Posted 17 January 2013 - 12:51 PM

Three Four years later, and still chasing the same five / six games :(

Also need to get around to replacing a handful of unsealed games with sealed copies, just for completeness

#6 OFFLINE   Repason

Posted 06 March 2013 - 11:14 AM

Gemini, mate, you still searching for those games? Three Four years later, i could hook you up with some of those you need :)

I have the following (all sealed with tearstrip ofc):

1) Ashen
2) Sonic N
3) Civilization
4) Mile High Pinball
5) Rifts: Promise of Power
6) Warhammer 40k: Glory in Death (YES, PAL, english on the case along with other EU languages, most of em' made in China or Taiwan anyway xD )

Well at least from those you're searching.

Btw, my name's Anton (yes, another one). I'm from Moscow. I've been a reader here for a long time, but it seems it's a good time to participate at last :)
I have a collection of 33 sealed n-gage games, and still thinking whether to part with it. But anyway - sending you a pm as well.

Cheers, Anton

#7 OFFLINE   Gemini-Phoenix

Δίδυμοι-Φοίνικες

• 6,545 posts
  • eBay
  • Collection

Posted 09 February 2016 - 10:38 PM

I have just updated the initial post as the images were dead. I have uploaded them to the SGH server, so should remain now. I also just discovered that the games in the first photo aren't in alphabetical order for some odd reason, so I don't know what happened there when I was taking pictures :ashamed:

Not mentioned is the System Rush Press Kit (pictured in the second image) which is essentially a NFRS release. To my knowledge almost every N-gage game had a Press Kit release like this, although they don't come sealed, and do not include a cart storage case inside. Also not mentioned is the Flo Boarding cart which came as a console pack-in for early adopters of the console. I purchased my console on day one, and this cart was thrown inside the box. The cart itself is a hybrid SD card with a small partition read-only (for the game), with the remaining partition for general SD card use. This cart is considered one of the rarest N-gage items to own, as many people either lost the card or didn't adopt early enough to own it.

I still need to replace several of the common games with sealed copies, and also hunt down those last few remaining titles, but finding N-gage stuff on eBay now or ever has always been difficult!

#8 OFFLINE   justice

• Collection

Posted 09 February 2016 - 10:49 PM

Cool stuff here G-P. Never saw this thread before (or maybe not wanted to see it.. :lol:). :P

Nice you finally upload some new pics here and there. Was about time as your threads were more dead than dead. Lol.

#9 OFFLINE   GPS

• Collection
  • Regional Focus:PAL

Posted 09 February 2016 - 11:26 PM

+1 for the updated pics! Good to see them all together!

#10 OFFLINE   Gemini-Phoenix

Δίδυμοι-Φοίνικες

• 6,545 posts
  • eBay
  • Collection

Posted 09 February 2016 - 11:37 PM

If you scan through the list of titles, it's pretty much all killer. There's a small amount of sports titles, but the vast majority of these are decent titles or ports of more popular home console games. Plenty of tites that have a place in a franchise sub-collection too, for example, Call Of Duty, Sonic The Hedgehog, Tomb Raider, King Of Fighters, Rayman, Worms, Crash Bandicoot etc...