Gemini-Phoenix

Gemini-Phoenix's Sealed UK PSP Collection

55 posts in this topic

Sealed PSP -shovelware -crap -essentials -platinum ;)

Hmm, Ok Gary, thanks for that piece of advice. I will try that next time I visit eBay. Does this actually work?

I just remembered that I made a topic about this issue a couple of months ago:

http://www.sealedgameheaven.com/index.php?/topic/3468-lets-force-ebay-to-remove-umd-films-from-the-psp-category/

Unfortunately I tend to neglect it from time to time. A lot of those Square-Enix CE's have come recently this year, as have a few of the other LE's. I haven't really kept up-to-date with many new releases though, but would really like to get hold of some of the more obscure games like Badman, My Lord, and Prinny etc.

My list of wanted PSP games is actually quite short (maybe about 20 games or so), but finding them sealed is proving to be the main problem. The Konami games obviously being the most difficult of these to source...

would really like to get hold of some of the more obscure games like Badman, My Lord, and Prinny etc.

NIS ftw! Gary used to be a fan before he became too cool for school :friends:

would really like to get hold of some of the more obscure games like Badman, My Lord, and Prinny etc.

NIS ftw! Gary used to be a fan before he became too cool for school :friends:

Shhhh. NIS is our little secret. ;)

I admit, the NIS games are an attractive investment, just like many ATLUS games. But just like ATLUS, they tend to release their games in very limited quantities, and usually only one small print run. Any which we are lucky to get in PAL-land are worth snapping up at any price, as their value is likely to increase in the future. But don't tell...

:friends:

Sealed PSP -shovelware -crap -essentials -platinum ;)

Hmm, Ok Gary, thanks for that piece of advice. I will try that next time I visit eBay. Does this actually work?

I just remembered that I made a topic about this issue a couple of months ago:

http://www.sealedgameheaven.com/index.php?/topic/3468-lets-force-ebay-to-remove-umd-films-from-the-psp-category/

Yes, it works perfectly, and like you say add on platinum and essentials and youre golden :)

PS: Wrk - i got a new NIS game through this week, for your info :wow2:

Thanks for sharing some new photos of your psp collection ! :pictures:

I enjoyed it, my favs are the Castlevania and the Portable Ops.

Maybe you will take some photos of your ps2 in the near future ?

Maybe you will take some photos of your ps2 in the near future ?

Hmm, maybe. Although that is a much larger collection and I wouldn't be able to do a shot with all games in one picture like I prefer to do. I just don't have the floor space in my house to allow for that. I will have to have a think about it, and decide the best course of action.

I now have a scanner though, so perhaps I will take insporation from Snesbits and scan each game individually and post them in a grid formation. That way, it would allow for simple additions on a more regular basis. I will have a play around with it and see what the results turn out like. If they are satisfactory, then I will possibly try and do some of the larger collections - Maybe two games per scan to cut down on time and effort?

I have just blitzed eBay and have ordered a dozen new sealed PSP games, many of which are RPG's! Thanks to Gary for that useful advice on how to filter eBay searches - It helped a great deal, and I was able to browse the category relatively quickly and find what I was looking for!

:drinks:

Today I graciously added: Echoshift, Star Ocean: Second Evolution, Valhalla Knights, Valkyria Chronicles II, and What Did I Do To Deserve This, My Lord!? 2

:yahoo:

Today I added some nice fresh & minty sealed copies of Dead Or Alive Paradise, Disgaea II: Dark Hero Days, and Valhalla Knights II

A quick count: 55 games, 1 UMD movie

I have just blitzed eBay and have ordered a dozen new sealed PSP games, many of which are RPG's! Thanks to Gary for that useful advice on how to filter eBay searches - It helped a great deal, and I was able to browse the category relatively quickly and find what I was looking for!

:drinks:

No problems mate :)

Your psp collection is shaping up nicely, great new additions too! Reminds me i need to add some more to my psp as its severely lacking at only 19 titles :lol:

1 UMD movie

Waiting for you to become hooked on collecting these as well :good3: I've recently been hooked on them :wow2:

UMD movie collecting = EPIC FAIL :wow:

I'm not actively going to bother, although I might get a few of my favourites. If they're dirt cheap then I'll pick them up, but only if they're almost freebies

Today I received the original first print of Medal Of Honor: Heroes - Another PSP exclusive knocked off my wantlist

Added another nice RPG to my PSP collection today - Riviera: The Promised Land

Yesterday I added a couple of cheap & cheerful games, Puyo Pop Fever and Burnout Dominator. Usually I wouldn't have bothered with such tripe, but they were too cheap to pass up ;)

About time I bumped this thread to the top! ;)

Finally managed to add a nice mint sealed copy of Holy Invasion Of Privacy, Badman! What Did I Do To Deserve This? to the collection, almost a year after I bought the sequel.

I believe this makes it my 65th PSP game!

I got one too after a couple of years. lol

This will not do - Im not top anymore ......will have to get some serious hits to bring me back to the top spot........keep your eyes open !! :acute:

Havnt seen this thread before GP and i must say a fantastic collection you have, some very nice gems you have here and with alot of the difficult titles out the way it cant be long before you have completed the list ????

Very nice indeed thou :-)

This will not do - Im not top anymore ......will have to get some serious hits to bring me back to the top spot........keep your eyes open !! :acute:

To be fair though mate, your PS1 thread is the better thread ;)

Havnt seen this thread before GP and i must say a fantastic collection you have

Thanks! The thread was relegated to the third page of this forum because of its age, so thought it was about time I brought it back to the first page! I think the last time I updated it was last summer when me, Sandrik, and DarkSol went on an epic PSP buying spree to try and out-do each other! Lol! :)

some very nice gems you have here and with alot of the difficult titles out the way it cant be long before you have completed the list ????

I'm not trying to achieve a complete set with the PSP. I'm merely crossing off titles from my own personal wishlist (which I might publish on SGH shortly when I have time to type it all up). While I feel a complete set is doable (I believe there are just over 400 games), there aren't too many PSP games which interest me, and I feel that the vast majority are either kids games, tie-ins, or sports titles. Gary will no doubt disagree with that last sentence, but this is one console which I would not be interested in obtaining a complete set of games for. There's too much filler for my liking!

I guess I was lucky enough to start collecting PSP games when the console first came out. I picked up the majority of the "gems" when they were new releases, as I suspected they'd become hard to get hold of at a later date - Especially the RPG's! As the Platinum and Essentials re-releases flooded the market, these older original releases became harder to get hold of, with many titles long lost and forgotten about. Also, a lot of these games have still yet to be released on the European PSN for download, and never got Platinum or Essentials re-releases, which makes them all the more special to have! ;)

GP, find me the damn Persona 3 CE for cheap and FF CC SE

To be fair though mate, your PS1 thread is the better thread ;)

Havnt seen this thread before GP and i must say a fantastic collection you have

Thanks! The thread was relegated to the third page of this forum because of its age, so thought it was about time I brought it back to the first page! I think the last time I updated it was last summer when me, Sandrik, and DarkSol went on an epic PSP buying spree to try and out-do each other! Lol! :)

some very nice gems you have here and with alot of the difficult titles out the way it cant be long before you have completed the list ????

I'm not trying to achieve a complete set with the PSP. I'm merely crossing off titles from my own personal wishlist (which I might publish on SGH shortly when I have time to type it all up). While I feel a complete set is doable (I believe there are just over 400 games), there aren't too many PSP games which interest me, and I feel that the vast majority are either kids games, tie-ins, or sports titles. Gary will no doubt disagree with that last sentence, but this is one console which I would not be interested in obtaining a complete set of games for. There's too much filler for my liking!

I guess I was lucky enough to start collecting PSP games when the console first came out. I picked up the majority of the "gems" when they were new releases, as I suspected they'd become hard to get hold of at a later date - Especially the RPG's! As the Platinum and Essentials re-releases flooded the market, these older original releases became harder to get hold of, with many titles long lost and forgotten about. Also, a lot of these games have still yet to be released on the European PSN for download, and never got Platinum or Essentials re-releases, which makes them all the more special to have! ;)

There are over 600 pal uk titles GP, and its far from doable. Almost impossible to be honest. Well sealed that is, full set will be doable cib but sealed will be nigh on impossible to achieve :)

I really need to get those Ghostlight CE's in my collection ASAP! It doesn't help that most of the major retailers didn't even stock them at the time of release. I'm missing Persona 2, Trails In The Sky, and Fate/Extra CE's!

There are over 600 pal uk titles GP, and its far from doable. Almost impossible to be honest. Well sealed that is, full set will be doable cib but sealed will be nigh on impossible to achieve :)

I knew you'd know! I stand corrected - I thought it was just over 400 :ashamed:

I think the majority of PSP games are still available sealed. eBay is flooded with the common sports titles, kiddies games, and various tie-ins. I think the hardest ones to achieve would naturally be the Konami titles - The UK Konami releases, at any rate. I reckon if I had the available time and money, I could easily achieve half of a full set in a short space of time. I'm already 1/10th of the way ;)