VGA

Welcome to Sealed Game Heaven

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to Sealed Game Heaven, the internet's #1 forum devoted to Sealed Video Game collectors! You’ll find that this is a place where many fellow sealed collectors will not only show and discuss sealed games, but also partake in the buying, selling & trading of both sealed and unsealed games. At SGH we don’t discriminate against any of the big 3 companies or PAL / NTSC, rather we enjoy discussion about games from all the consoles and eras (Modern, Vintage; Atari & Sega; Nintendo, Sony, Microsoft). To view and use our community, you must become a member. This is a simple free process & once done you’ll gain access to:

- Our Game Sale & Trade Boards.
- Sealed Game Databases from Every Console.
- Information on Seal Types, Styles & Variants for both NTSC and PAL.
- Frequent updates on both Pal and NTSC Sealed Game Listing’s.
- Confirmation & Evidence in relation to Factory Seals & Reseals.
- VGA Discussion Forum & Guides for your First Submissions.
- What is a Game Worth? Well simply join and ask in our game value sub section.

Happy Hunting!

All new accounts will be validated by our admins within 24-48 hours :)

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

Gemini-Phoenix's Sealed UK PSP Collection

• Please log in to reply
54 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   Gemini-Phoenix

Δίδυμοι-Φοίνικες

• 6,539 posts
  • eBay
  • Collection
  • Regional Focus:PAL, NTSC-U/C

Posted 28 January 2009 - 04:15 AM

Copy & pasted from the old forum:

I've never really been a fan of handheld games a rule. After all, most of the time they're just lesser versions of their console brethren. Some do appeal to me though, especially if they are made specifically for the handheld and exclusive to just that platform, or if they form part of a sub-collection.

I am still waiting for Sony to release some kind of Limited Edition PSP here in the UK (The Crisis Core PSP has been released since making this initial post!). Japan and the US have a few, but I would rather have a UK spec machine (Eg, Spider-Man or Simpsons) ~ So far, i've not really been very keen on the PSP, and there are few games that take my fancy. My list of wanted PSP games is much shorter than other consoles. As with other consoles, I tend to just buy the PSP exclusives, or rereleases / updates of older games which have had a new lease of life on the PSP. EA and THQ can keep their annual movie tie-in's and annual franchises for all I care

My PSP collection is small (At the moment), but what it lacks in substance it more than makes up for in quality. I am mainly after RPG's, but make an exception for games that I know to be great fun, such as Crazy Taxi, Gitaroo Man, Powerstone, and Parappa! :good3:

EDIT: (28th January 2009) Since originally writing this post, my PSP collection has grown to over 20 titles. It's still a reasonably small collection though, but I do feel that there aren't a lot of games for the console that I am really that interested in. There are about a dozen other games I would like to have though, Crisis Core and Dracula X Chronicles being the two I am most keen to get hold of. I do feel as if the PSP is often overlooked and has drawn the short straw though, and so much potential has gone to waste in favour for the DS - Capcom and Konami are both guilty of favouring the DS over the PSP, which seems a shame.

EDIT: (19th August 2011) Due to popular demand, I have updated my collection pictures below. Since my last update, I have obtained one of my PSP grails - Dracula X Chronicles. You may also notice that I have both copies of Resistance Retribution, mainly because I thought the Collector's Edition would be impossible to obtain, therefore bought the standard edition. However, shortly after doing so, I managed to find an eBay seller selling sealed copies of the CE (thanks to Happyheed for that info)!

There are still many PSP games that I would like and am still missing. The two main priorities right now are the CE's for Crisis Core and Dissidia, which seem to be quite sought after as well as expensive! My fault for missing the boat on these two releases. I would also like to add some newer PSP releases to the collection, such as Echoshift; Prinny: Can I Really Be The Hero?; Holy Invasion of Privacy Badman!; and What Did I Do to Deserve This, My Lord!? Likewise, there are quite a few older titles I have yet to obtain, such as GTA: Liberty City Stories; GTA: Vice City Stories; Star Ocean: Second Evolution; All three Patapon games; Wipeout Pulse; LocoRoco 2; Metal Gear Acid; Metal Gear Portable Ops Plus; Metal Gear Solid: Peace Walker; Silent Hill Origins, plus many more

Two items I seem to have never been able to get hold of are the Metal Gear Solid and Silent Hill digital graphics novels from Konami, so I would hopefully like to add both of those two at some point. I would also like to add a handful of my favourite UMD films, but these are a low priority for me right now, hence why I only have the one (Fight Club), which I obtained very cheaply!

Below are pictures of my collection of factory sealed UK PSP games:

Posted Image

Posted Image
  • Ape Academy ~ (Added 21st August 2009)
  • Ape Academy II ~ (Added 24th June 2009)
  • Ape Escape P ~ (Added 11th March 2009)
  • Archer McLean's Mercury ~ (Added 21st July 2008)
  • Ashtonishia Story
  • Beaterator
  • Breath Of Fire III
  • Burnout Dominator ~ (Added 1st September 2011) (Not pictured)
  • Castlevania: Dracula X Chronicles ~ (Added 13th March 2009)
  • Crazy Taxi: Fare Wars
  • Darkstalkers Chronicles: The Chaos Tower ~ (Added 4th April 2009)
  • Dead Or Alive Paradise ~ (Added 25th August 2011) (Not pictured)
  • Death Jr II: Root Of Evil ~ (Added 21st August 2008)
  • Disgaea: Afternoon Of Darkness ~ (Added 27th February 2008)
  • Disgaea II: Dark Hero Days ~ (Added 25th August 2011) (Not pictured)
  • Echochrome ~ (Added 3rd February 2011)
  • Echoshift ~ (Added 24th August 2011) (Not pictured)
  • Fat Princess: Fistful Of Cake
  • Final Fantasy ~ (Added 27th February 2008)
  • Final Fantasy II ~ (Added 27th February 2008)
  • Final Fantasy Tactics: The War Of The Lions
  • Gangs Of London ~ (Added 16th October 2009)
  • Geronimo Stilton In The Kingdom Of Fantasy ~ (Added 16th April 2012) (Not pictured)
  • Gitaroo Man Lives!
  • God Of War: Ghost Of Sparta ~ (Added 5th September 2011) (Not pictured)
  • Grand Theft Auto: Chinatown Wars ~ (Added 29th April 2010)
  • Harvest Moon: Hero Of Leaf Valley ~ (Added 16th July 2013) (Not pictured)
  • Holy Invasion Of Privacy, Badman! What Did I Do To Deserve This? ~ (Added 2nd August 2012) (Not pictured)
  • Killzone: Liberation ~ (Added 21st May 2009)
  • LocoRoco ~ (Added 19th March 2009)
  • Lumines Puzzle Fusion
  • Lumines II ~ (Added 20th June 2012)
  • Me & My Katamari ~ (Added 27th February 2008)
  • Medal Of Honor: Heroes ~ (Added 31st August 2011) (Not pictured)
  • Medievil Resurrection ~ (Added 4th November 2009)
  • Metal Gear Acid II
  • Metal Gear Solid: Portable Ops ~ (Added 27th February 2008)
  • Parappa The Rapper
  • Patapon 2 ~ (Added 20th September 2012) (Not pictured)
  • Popolocrois
  • Power Stone Collection
  • Puyo Pop Fever ~ (Added 1st September 2011) (Not pictured)
  • Rengoku II: The Stairway To H.E.A.V.E.N. ~ (Added 11th July 2009)
  • Resistance Retribution
  • Riviera: The Promised Land ~ (Added 2nd September 2011) (Not pictured)
  • Star Ocean: First Departure ~ (Added 13th March 2009)
  • Star Ocean: Second Evolution ~ (Added 24th August 2011) (Not pictured)
  • Tales Of Eternia
  • Valhalla Knights ~ (Added 24th August 2011) (Not pictured)
  • Valhalla Knights II ~ (Added 25th August 2011) (Not pictured)
  • Valkyria Chronicles II ~ (Added 24th August 2011) (Not pictured)
  • Valkyrie Profile: Lenneth ~ (Added 3rd March 2008)
  • Viewtiful Joe: Red Hot Rumble ~ (Added 21st August 2008)
  • What Did I Do To Deserve This, My Lord!? 2 ~ (Added 24th August 2011) (Not pictured)
  • Wipeout Pure
  • Ys: The Ark Of Napishtim ~ (Added 27th February 2008)
  • Dissidia (CE) ~ (Added 26th September 2011) (Not pictured)
  • Dissidia 012 [Duodecim] (Legacy Edition)
  • Final Fantasy IV: The Complete Collection
  • Gran Turismo (Collector's Edition) ~ (Added 2nd October 2009)
  • Resistance Retribution (Collector's Edition)
  • Kingdom Hearts: Birth By Sleep (Special Edition)
  • Lord Of Arcana (Slayer Edition)
  • Shin Megami Tensei: P3P Persona 3 Portable
  • Tactics Ogre: Let Us Cling Together (Premium Edition)
  • The 3rd Birthday (Twisted Edition)
  • Fight Club (UMD)
  • Perfect Blue (UMD) ~ (Added 15th September 2011) (Not pictured)

#2 OFFLINE   Gemini-Phoenix

Δίδυμοι-Φοίνικες

• 6,539 posts
  • eBay
  • Collection

Posted 29 January 2009 - 06:43 AM

Added pictures of my PSP games at long last! ;)

#3 OFFLINE   Shoopuff1020

Posted 30 January 2009 - 11:34 AM

Love the UK coverart. Much better than the ones you find in the US.

#4 OFFLINE   Gemini-Phoenix

Δίδυμοι-Φοίνικες

• 6,539 posts
  • eBay
  • Collection

Posted 30 January 2009 - 12:01 PM

Love the UK coverart. Much better than the ones you find in the US.

I'm not too keen on some of them to be honest. Breath Of Fire III And Tales Of Eternia are two of my least favourites as they look bland and washed out in person, and i've seen much better artwork for both of these games. The Final Fantasy games are the same boring white background with logo that pretty much most UK Final Fantasy games have - I actually hoped they'd have created some nice covers in the same style as the GBA games and Final Fantasy Anthology / Origins for the PlayStation, but alas it was not to be. At least Crisis Core has a decent cover.

My favourite covers are Gitaroo Man Lives and PoPoLoCrois. Y's, Disgaea, and Valkyrie Profile Lenneth are also nice

#5 OFFLINE   Gemini-Phoenix

Δίδυμοι-Φοίνικες

• 6,539 posts
  • eBay
  • Collection

Posted 13 March 2009 - 08:50 AM

I've recently added three new games to the list:

Ape Escape P ~ I was surprised that this was so cheap as a Buy It Now, so snapped this up, even though i'm not really a fan of the series. It's still a nice PSP exclusive to own though

Castlevania: Dracula X Chronicles ~ Perhaps the one game I most want to own a PSP for, yet being a Konami game I was very lucky to have found one sealed with PSP tera strip, as they are very rare to find in this condition. I paid a premium for this privilage though. If you're a collector, I suggest you get hold of a copy now whilst you can, because I have only ever seen these sealed once since launch, and the seller has a few copies...

Star Ocean: First Departure ~ I decided it was about time I caught up with my PSP collection, and this has been riding high on my list of priorities for a while, along with Second Evolution (Which seems to not be available much right now)

I plan on adding some more PSP games to the collection soon, as there are a few I have been putting off buying for a while. I still need to catch up and get a copy of Crisis Core, which I missed out on, and also a handful of other PSP exclusive titles - My main priority though are the Konami games such as Metal Gear Ac!d, Portable Ops Plus, Digital Graphic Novel, Gradius Collection, Silent Hill Origins, and the Silent Hill Experience to name a few

#6 OFFLINE   Gemini-Phoenix

Δίδυμοι-Φοίνικες

• 6,539 posts
  • eBay
  • Collection

Posted 20 March 2009 - 12:48 PM

This week's addition is LocoRoco, which seems to be going quite cheaply at the moment, so thought i'd pick it up

#7 OFFLINE   theharrison

Posted 29 March 2009 - 05:12 PM

You can get star ocean:second evolution for 16.99 at gameplay at the mo, i got one and it came in perfect condition!i have never had a problem with game,gamestation,gameplay,play etc!

#8 OFFLINE   Gemini-Phoenix

Δίδυμοι-Φοίνικες

• 6,539 posts
  • eBay
  • Collection

Posted 30 March 2009 - 03:11 AM

I hear so many people complaining that there aren't many decent games on the PSP, but I beg to differ. There are at least 40 games I can think of from the top of my head which are great, and perhaps another 20 which I wouldn't mind having as well. I think that's quite a lot to be honest,considering some other consoles I can think of don't even have half as many good games for it. I think anyone who says that the PSP doesn't have many great games surely doesn't know much about what games have been released for the console, and are just basing their statement by what games the supermarkets tend to choose to stock, without actually researching the back catalogue to find the true gems

I admit, there is also a lot of crap for the console, and two in every three games is usually a THQ / EA / Activision multi-platform release or a movie tie-in, but sift through these and look a bit deeper and you can find some decent games buried within the bowels of eBay. Granted, a lot of them seem to be ports from the PlayStation or Dreamcast, or remakes of older games, but these were great games to start with - You can't go far wrong with the likes of Parappa, Gitaroo Man, Dracula X Chronicles, Power Stone Collection, Breath Of Fire III, or Crazy Taxi... Although, I doubt there are many PSP owners who actually own more than ten games in total, and I expect the ones that do aren't the ones that are complaining that there's a lack of decent games

It really does get such a bad reputation, but I will always stick up for the poor PSP as it has a great software library available, despite what many people think. Most people don't seem to realise that production for PSP games was slowed down about 18 months ago due to the direction of the economy etc

#9 OFFLINE   Gemini-Phoenix

Δίδυμοι-Φοίνικες

• 6,539 posts
  • eBay
  • Collection

Posted 04 April 2009 - 02:03 PM

This week's fantastic PSP addition is Darkstalkers Chronicles: The Chaos Tower, which I believe was a launch game. It was just £6.95 Buy It Now (£1.95 P&P), which I personally consider a bargain for such an early game which is quite hard to source in sealed condition with the PSP tear strip. I'm quite happy with this, and is one game I thought I would have trouble trying to get hold of at a later date - However, I did have to take a risk with the listing as I don't usually buy from sellers who can't be bothered to provide an actual picture, but I eMailed them and they assured me that it was legitimately sealed, and the risk paid off! (Not that i'll be taking that risk too often though)

#10 OFFLINE   Gemini-Phoenix

Δίδυμοι-Φοίνικες

• 6,539 posts
  • eBay
  • Collection

Posted 21 May 2009 - 11:12 PM

I was trying to abstain from buying any PSP games for a few weeks, and focus more on DS, but grabbed Killzone: Liberation this week seeing as it's mostly all Platinum versions I see these days, so it's quite hard to still get hold of black label versions of certain titles (Tekken: Dark Resurrection and Daxter are two other ones I can think of off the top of my head, where the Platinum versions outweigh the black label versions)

#11 OFFLINE   Gemini-Phoenix

Δίδυμοι-Φοίνικες

• 6,539 posts
  • eBay
  • Collection

Posted 24 June 2009 - 12:09 PM

During browsing, I kept coming across countless auctions for Ape Academy II flooding eBay, and they were quite cheap so decided to add one to the collection :nono:

Brings the total to 28, so slowly getting there!

#12 OFFLINE   Gemini-Phoenix

Δίδυμοι-Φοίνικες

• 6,539 posts
  • eBay
  • Collection

Posted 11 July 2009 - 09:52 AM

Received Rengoku II: The Stairway To H.E.A.V.E.N. this morning, which was actually quite a nice find as it's a Konami game, which are quit erare to find in sealed condition. It wasn't exactly a game I ever planned to get for the collection, but kind of fell into my lap so to speak, so not going to complain as it's another game for the sealed Konami sub-collection

#13 OFFLINE   Gemini-Phoenix

Δίδυμοι-Φοίνικες

• 6,539 posts
  • eBay
  • Collection

Posted 22 August 2009 - 09:03 PM

Yesterday I received Ape Academy, after a long week of trouble as the first one the seller sent arrived smashed to pieces. Luckily, they had others, so sent a replacement. I also believe that's all the Ape Escape / Academy games for the PSP, so got a nice little sub-collection going on there already, which may even tempt me into seeking out the PlayStation and PS2 games in the franchise

#14 OFFLINE   Sealda

Posted 10 September 2009 - 07:08 PM

Yes, PSP games are getting hard to get without them being platinum. Some games like Portable Ops seems to be absolutely sold out everywhere, and you have to turn to Ebay for used copies or sellers with stock pics claiming they have brand new copies. However, my Media Markt have full stock of original GOW and KZ:L (take notice, they are the SCN versions, but its the first time i have seen originals in a long time). On the other hand i have not seen a sealed Tekken. It seems like PSP have many "hard to find" games which is rare for a system that is still alive and selling good. Its like most games gets 1 print and then they sell out in a year and then they are not reprinted. Although both GTA games have now got a reprint without the platinum cover, both lacks the inner case artwork and on the back it says Rockstars 2009 and since they are sold in a paper bundle wrap the Code bar of the cases have been replaced with "Only for display".

Im gonna check the GOW and KZ:L at my Media Markt, maybe they also are reprints, because they had like 8 copies of each. Also they had Ridge Racer 2! That is not a rare game but i bet it did not sell a lot.

There is many forgotten games on the PSP just like Gemini mentioned. Lots of mediocre installations of famous RPG series. Overall the reason why the amount of old games available is so unbalanced is because the whole console and everything around it (business plan etc.) is so unstructured. I think PSP will be a collectors console in the future, at-least it will have much more rare games than any other "this gen" console.

Some random Japanese developed games for the PSP:

Ace Combat
Ridge Racer 2
Metal Slug Anthology
Tales Of Eternia
Power Stone Collection
Final Fantasy Tactics
Gitaroo Man Lives
PaRappa The Rapper
Brave story: New Travelers
Class Of Heroes
Crimson Gem Saga
Phantasy Star Portable
Star Ocean: Second Evolution
Valhalla Knights
Darkstalker Chronicle
Me & My Katamari
Mega Man Maverick Hunter X
Mega Man Powered Up
Mana Khemia
R-Type Command
Gradius Collection (awesome!)
Guilty Gear Judgement
Generation Of Chaos
Ys. The Ark of Napishtim
Viewtiful Joe
Gunpey
Dragoneer´s Aria
Coded Arms: Contagion

Some of those got to be future rarities! Seriously, how many of those games have you guys played, have any western PSP owner played? Maybe like 2-4 of em at most. Most PSP owners only buy Harry Potter and Need For Speed. I am sure we will get in-depth articles from journalists in 10 years listing all these hidden gems for the PSP. Unlike the NDS ones most of these games do not sell very well.

#15 OFFLINE   Gemini-Phoenix

Δίδυμοι-Φοίνικες

• 6,539 posts
  • eBay
  • Collection

Posted 10 September 2009 - 10:01 PM

You have to bear in mind though that the PSP has never really been a popular platform. So some early games had lower prints and are now hard to find sealed, but may not have sold well enough to start with to achieve Platinum status. And as the PSP Go is now on the horizon with its dedicated downloadable media, it's unlikely that some earlier PSP games will see a reprint on UMD, with many older games being made available for download instead.

But yes, I agree, some games like God Of War: Chains Of Olympus, Killzone: Liberation, And Tekken: Dark Resurrection are becoming very hard to find the original black label versions in sealed condition, as are other games like Daxter, GTA: Liberty City Stories, and GTA Vice City Stories etc. I find that many UMD PSP games are good for a few months after they're released, but after that it's hit and miss whether you can actually find copies of them. The longer you leave it, the harder it becomes to find these games

#16 OFFLINE   Sealda

Posted 11 September 2009 - 02:33 PM

You have to bear in mind though that the PSP has never really been a popular platform. So some early games had lower prints and are now hard to find sealed, but may not have sold well enough to start with to achieve Platinum status. And as the PSP Go is now on the horizon with its dedicated downloadable media, it's unlikely that some earlier PSP games will see a reprint on UMD, with many older games being made available for download instead.

PSP as a console is actually quite successful with 56 million sold systems. On the other hand many people do not buy lots of games for their PSP, many CF and the ones that do not end up with multi-platform games like NFS and FIFA. Its kind of sad.

Yes, which is good for those that collect sealed PSP games since you can download the game while still having it sealed. (although u have to pay 20 €) Also PSP Go will be a complete failure, with like 10 % of the games released rereleased for the PSN Store...Also no good will scheme for people with tons of UMDs already...

#17 OFFLINE   Gemini-Phoenix

Δίδυμοι-Φοίνικες

• 6,539 posts
  • eBay
  • Collection

Posted 03 October 2009 - 02:17 AM

PLAY.com had a rather nice exclusive (In the UK) of Gran Turismo: Collector's Edition, and for only £24.99 as well which is the same price as the regular version! Having previously missed out on both the Crisis Core and Dissidia CE's, I decided to take the plunge and snap this one up. It came sealed in cellophane complete with a clear tearstrip (No Sony PSP tearstrip unfortunately)

Nice to see that the PSPhas got some life left in it yet, and with a bit of luck interest in the platform will increase in the coming months, what with Gran Turismo now finally out and the new PSPgo on the horizon. The PSP is already starting to become quite the collector's console, with many RPG's and earlier titles starting to become quite hard to get hold of

#18 OFFLINE   justice

• Collection

Posted 04 October 2009 - 12:10 AM

Nice to see that the PSPhas got some life left in it yet, and with a bit of luck interest in the platform will increase in the coming months, what with Gran Turismo now finally out and the new PSPgo on the horizon. The PSP is already starting to become quite the collector's console, with many RPG's and earlier titles starting to become quite hard to get hold of

...i dont collect Psp games, but i think, that is true what you have written here!!! :good2:
I think the PSP-console is the new collectors-console of the future....

btw. Really nice collection there G-P! Looks damn nice! :)

#19 OFFLINE   Gemini-Phoenix

Δίδυμοι-Φοίνικες

• 6,539 posts
  • eBay
  • Collection

Posted 04 October 2009 - 04:58 AM

Thanks! There's only about 30ish games there though, so it's probably one of my smallest and most neglected collection's. Which is a shame, because I have a list with over 30 or so other titles on which I would like to get and expand the collection some more, but certain games are getting quite hard to find in sealed condition, and not just the early releases and RPG's...

#20 OFFLINE   Gemini-Phoenix

Δίδυμοι-Φοίνικες

• 6,539 posts
  • eBay
  • Collection

Posted 16 October 2009 - 12:54 PM

Received Gangs Of London this morning. It's the sequel to the Getaway games and one of those games that you see a lot of Platinum versions around, but hardly ever any sealed original black label versions. Quite an early PSP game, and seems to have long since been forgotten by most...