Gemini-Phoenix

Sealed "one-of-a-kinds" thread

per the population report only graded non-rev non-cardboard hangtab

I have several only one graded items but does that count?

It doesn't really count Matty as the pop report is so out of date that it's beyond belief. Just because only one item shows as being graded doesn't mean there arnt boxes of sealed games waiting to be dug up. Only one graded to date is more accurate. Well this is how I tend to look at these. Especially mass produced stuff like games.:-)

I'm pretty confident this is a one of a kind. Including this I have only ever seen 3 games with this seal. One belongs to Mattydread, a star wars game I believe. Another one being a super mario land, forgot who has it. After speaking with other collectors, we think it is possibly the end part of the nintendo strip where the reel was just about to run out. Very happy with the grade :dance2:

IMG-20181115-WA0008.jpg

Yeah you are right, its the end of a red strip and nothing else can be here imo. And along with such an high grade its a super cool collectors item. Congrats matey! :good2:

Never seen one since I started sealed collecting. Nothing much to say about the game however nothing more exciting than sharing a one of a kind. May have another coming next week to show off. 

622EF859-BC79-48C2-8961-26E140B36614.jpeg

8 hours ago, Roshan256 said:

I'm pretty confident this is a one of a kind. Including this I have only ever seen 3 games with this seal. One belongs to Mattydread, a star wars game I believe. Another one being a super mario land, forgot who has it. After speaking with other collectors, we think it is possibly the end part of the nintendo strip where the reel was just about to run out. Very happy with the grade :dance2:

IMG-20181115-WA0008.jpg

Beautiful mate and an epic grade too.

17 hours ago, BremZ said:

Never seen one since I started sealed collecting. Nothing much to say about the game however nothing more exciting than sharing a one of a kind. May have another coming next week to show off. 

I find it hard to believe a DS sealed game is currently a one-of-a-kind? Surely there must be more sealed DS games such as this lurking in some hoarder's house or storage warehouse?

First time ive ever come across a strip version of this, checked it over a few times but seems legit. 

46326151_1058801644302647_8953323124850425856_n.jpg46404132_2163713160513094_5611440867475718144_n.jpg

2 hours ago, GPS said:

I find it hard to believe a DS sealed game is currently a one-of-a-kind? Surely there must be more sealed DS games such as this lurking in some hoarder's house or storage warehouse?

Its very possible there are more around however since 2013 ive never come across either of the above, and even on the lists on the forum dont mention anything about it. Bomberman for DS has only two known copies so far.

On 11/16/2018 at 6:10 PM, BremZ said:

Is this actually rare now?  I remember when I was collecting about 8 years ago, this was literally the most common red strip DS game around, lol.  It could be bought for £5 from loads of different places in the UK for quite a long time.

On 12/26/2018 at 4:03 PM, t1redmonkey said:

Is this actually rare now?  I remember when I was collecting about 8 years ago, this was literally the most common red strip DS game around, lol.  It could be bought for £5 from loads of different places in the UK for quite a long time.

interesting, yeah ive never came across it the last few years of collecting. Ive found Recycle clear strips but not nintendo. 

On 12/27/2018 at 2:33 AM, t1redmonkey said:

Sometimes what can happen is that, people buy certain games simply to play. Collectors/investors of the sealed originals might not have the chance to buy them before the gamers bought them all. Another possibility is that there is a stack of these sealed games lying in warehouses or somebody's attic, still waiting to be opened!